Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - "Rarely written as"

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

ルイスくん
Level: 500

Hey, I just wanted to ask if it is possible to add the "Rarely written as" words to a schedule? I thought it should be possible because all words in the "Also written as" tab are also addable to schedule, but I couldn't find any way to add the "Rarely written as" words except creating a new word myself. Thanks in advance

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 881

The only way is to enable rare readings for EVERYTHING, unfortunately you can't do it just for individual terms. Making a custom term is probably a better solution.

If you do want to replace everything with their rare versions, in your user settings search for and enable "Show kanji for words commonly written in hiragana".

1 month ago
Report Content

There is a new setting in the Experimental section called Use new kanji reading filter that gives you more control over this. It’s still system-wide though.

1 month ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 881

There is a new setting in the Experimental section called Use new kanji reading filter that gives you more control over this. It’s still system-wide though.

This is an unrelated feature. It's a setting for selecting which kanji readings Renshuu will teach you in kanji quizzes, and doesn't affect how words are displayed or what form of a word is quizzed.

1 month ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1715

The easiest way is to look it up in the kanji dictionary and add it to your schedule from there. Just click on the kanji and look for it. For どれも it's under the irregular tab.

1 month ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

The ultimate solution to this will probably be a "study this in kanji" toggle, added at some point

1 month ago
Report Content
ルイスくん
Level: 500

Thanks for all the answers! They helped me a lot :)

1 month ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana