Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - whats the weirdest looking kanji you have came across?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Page: 2 of 2

パン
Level: 127

This one?

輿

That one is very close to what I'm talking about, but it's not exactly the same. I tried to draw the kanji by memory (without knowing it very well) and it seems like my memory has distorted it into a drawing of three buildings.

Do you mean this one?

26 days ago
Report Content

There is one other "weird" kanji that looks like a building or a set of speakers, but I couldn't find it via the kanji index.

This one kinda looks close aswell, there are more like this aswell

edit, literally was typing this when the other comment was submitted

26 days ago
Report Content

This one?

輿

That one is very close to what I'm talking about, but it's not exactly the same. I tried to draw the kanji by memory (without knowing it very well) and it seems like my memory has distorted it into a drawing of three buildings.

This one? kinda looks like a couple of buildings

26 days ago
Report Content
あんこちゃん
Level: 141

because it looks like an armless version of , and because it looks deceptively like due to the simplification of most digital fonts. There is one other "weird" kanji that looks like a building or a set of speakers, but I couldn't find it via the kanji index.

maybe this one?

26 days ago
Report Content
Level: 330

は 0412, 5:46に

because it looks like an armless version of , and because it looks deceptively like due to the simplification of most digital fonts. There is one other "weird" kanji that looks like a building or a set of speakers, but I couldn't find it via the kanji index.

could it be this one?

Yes! It seems like most kanji with the radical look a bit odd.

26 days ago
Report Content
ロウ (Row)
Level: 229

For some reason that kanji looks like a train engine from the front to me

26 days ago
Report Content
HonokaSki
Level: 151
26 days ago
Report Content
Level: 167

I just stumbled upon this.

Yeah I don't think I need to explain why one of my previous nominations for "weirdest kanji" but with legs is the weirdest thing I've come across...~

6 days ago
Report Content
Level: 330

Yeah I don't think I need to explain why one of my previous nominations for "weirdest kanji" but with legs is the weirdest thing I've come across...~

I find it amusing that it's simply described as "female rhinoceros." The kanji looks like someone saw a rhinoceros from the front and hastily scribbled down something that vaguely resembled the overall shape of the animal and called it a day.

6 days ago
Report Content

female-rhinoceros? That’s hilarious.

Wild to think that it started out just as a way of writing cow, a 4-legged female bovine (see illustration above).

6 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana