Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Some understandings you got from learning Japanese?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Its a weird title i know... But let me start with my example!

Before i started learning, names were just names. Now being norwegian, i know that names can also have a deeper meaning like being a place name or a word for something else.

....... Goku named his kid after cooked rice

1 month ago
Report Content

How interesting foreign languages were. Being brought up in England, I just thought words were, well words, but with Japanese, there are entire systems of conversation that make the language, just that more intriguing. I mean, over here, virtually everyone uses the same vocab in similar was, that just make conversation boring.

Although one aspect I haven't experienced yet is language used in friendships, haven't had a single friend irl. So maybe that's a bit different? Unsure tho

1 month ago
Report Content

Oh ya names have become very odd to me, like i have a oc named suki and i thought it meant moon. . . to say the least it does not not mean moon:')

1 month ago
Report Content
ロウ (Row)
Level: 230

Yeah that's tsuki

I guess in general I have learned things like how different languages are just totally different from, say English, like, in school everybody always said things like, "this is this way (in English) because otherwise it wouldn't make sense" (like with having spaces between words), but in other languages they don't do those things and it works just fine. Of course some things would only work in some languages, but the point learning another language really strengthens your grammar I think, even understanding the grammar of your native language (maybe not if it's one that has similar grammar to your native language's)

1 month ago
Report Content

oh also I find it easier to say long words in English as while, since I get stressed because of all the letters mixed together I usually gusse what its saying instead of reading it, however with Japanese I find breaking down words alot easier and less stressful

29 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana