Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Add 'slow' study pace

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Pashi
Level: 521

I think the current available settings are a bit unrealistic, like if you would do 50 new items a day for just 1 schedule (assuming that many users have more than 1, even if not all might be set to zoom)

Review: No new words, focus on review

Normal: up to 6 new words each quiz, max of 20 a day

Fast: up to 10 new words each quiz, max of 35 a day

Zoom: up to 15 new words each quiz, max of 50 a day

Who uses zoom? That must be hell on earth after a few weeks. I'm bad at math so I'm not calculating it but I do about 15 new items a day and end up with around 250-300ish items (2 vectors in for vocab, 3 vectors on for kanji). Let's say it's linear that would mean like more than 750-1000 items a day.

Since I have multiple schedules, I often manually reduce my settings to 5 or 10 items a day. There's a big gap in the settings between 0 new items and 20 new items (normal)

of course I and people are free to set it to whatever desired number but I think especially for beginners, it's important to not overwhelm yourself with reviews (newbies also shouldn't be required to drive to deep into settings in the very beginning).

So my proposition would be to cap Zoom and instead introduce Slow (e.g 3-5 new terms per quiz, max 5-10 per day).

22 days ago
Report Content

I’m sure that people use them. Michael could tell us how many. It’s true that even the normal setting introduces new words at a rate that gets a lot of people underwater, but that’s probably the incentive that most of us need to go in and customize the pace to something that we feel comfortable with.

22 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt
Level: 291

I always change new schedules to "Review before studying new", and then control adding new words when I feel like it.

Definitely feels like it would be hard to avoid getting quickly overwhelmed as a non-power user, with each schedule having it's own high word limit.

19 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana