Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Getting an overwhelming amount of questions in Intermediate Kanji

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

I recently started the Intermediate Kanji (N3) schedule, and I noticed I've been getting a very high number of questions for it daily. Its settings are the same as the other kanji schedules I have (N5 and N4), but while these generally cap out at 40 questions, I will get over 100 in the N3 schedule.

Below are screenshots of my settings for N3 and N4, respectively. They're identical, except for max new terms which I limited to 20 per week for N3 since due to it I was getting over 150 questions a day. Today I got 108.

I hope it's simply something obvious I missed. Any insight would be appreciated!

17 days ago
Report Content
ロウ (Row)
Level: 218

I see that for both "Don't limit new terms for kanji schedules" is turned on, I'm not exactly sure what that does, but I feel like maybe that should be turned off?

17 days ago
Report Content
Level: 322

Did you try turning the "Daily study goal: Study as much as I can" setting off? When you uncheck the box, it will give you the option to type in your preferred daily review number:

17 days ago
Report Content

I assumed that not having had this problem with the earlier kanji schedules, I shouldn't touch that setting either, but I'll have to try that, thanks.

17 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

The new term cap is good, and you may want to even switch it off completely (no new terms) until the number comes down a bit.

The second reality is that N3 is BIG compared to N5/N4. It alone has more kanji than N5 + N4, so in the end, there's simply more that is going to come up for review.

15 days ago
Report Content

Well, アルト has Don’t learn new terms until daily review is finished checked, so things shouldn’t blow up too fast. 108 terms seems quite manageable to me, although I prefer a smaller quiz size: that’s only three quizzes per day using アルト’s settings.

At one point I was doing several hundred characters per day and still had a huge backlog. It wasn’t until I limited new kanji to two per quiz (now one per day) that I started to catch up.

15 days ago
Report Content

Thanks everyone for the advice and explanations, they were very useful! I made some changes to my settings and the N3 reviews are much less daunting now.

13 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana