Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Which languages do you want to learn after Japanese?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Page: 2 of 2

DoroJapan
Level: 60

I think they would have been in more modern French (if I understand correctly), but I don't plan on going to France and I know, like, 2 French people, so it seems excessive to learn it only to read some books. I have thought about just learning to read it, but that's hard to do bc you can't find apps that are like, "we teach you to read a language! Don't worry about speaking", usually they're the opposite way.

Yeah, because most people want to communicate.

(I am shy, reading and listening is enough, right?)

14 days ago
Report Content
HonokaSki
Level: 151
ASL (American sign language)

ASL is such a fun language to learn
I just want to let you know about the YouTube channel ASL Rochelle, she has a series called Sequestered Signing if I recall correctly. It was incredibly useful! I hope you have a good time learning it if you decide to anytime soon

, sounds cool!

14 days ago
Report Content
SpinAndKnit
Level: 155

I learned some basic Spanish in high school, but I've forgotten most of it by now.

After learning Japanese, I'm considering Chinese, Korean, or maybe Arabic. (But that's a long way off, so I've got plenty of time to think about it)

14 days ago
Report Content
Level: 322
I don’t really want to learn anything else after Japanese, but if I had the time I would learn Korean. I heard that there are more English speakers in Korea, but is that really true? I’d only want to *visit* South Korea, while living in Japan is my dream!
if I forgot English maybe my brain would be able to learn Korean too…

Being bilingual seems to help with learning additional languages, hence all the polyglots who know 3 or more languages and switch between them with ease. Knowing English is actually very useful for learning Korean because a lot of learning materials are written in English, too. (Also, I assume most of the English speakers in South Korea are probably folks who live in the most populous cities, sort of like Japan's population. You'll find more English-speaking people in Japan if you travel to 東京, but good luck finding English speakers in the rural countryside.)

14 days ago
Report Content
かぜさん:)
Level: 49

I want to read Tintin in it's original format, which is only in French sadly. Also there is a book that has to do with ancestry that's only in French, but I already found a French person who looked through it for me so it's not as big of a deal anymore. (French is really difficult that's why I don't want to.) The only reason to learn Spanish is that there are a lot of Spanish speakers around where I live (sort of), but I don't know any really well, so in reality that makes no more sense that learning Hmong would for me.

Sadly, I don't really know the German people that well. Although I might just learn that anyway, bc I know people who are learning German. I'm only N5 level really, so I wouldn't be quite yet

oh my god tintin is so good, and also it is Belgian, and so am I, so ye :)

14 days ago
Report Content
ロウ (Row)
Level: 218

oh my god tintin is so good, and also it is Belgian, and so am I, so ye :)

Yes Tintin is my favorite Also かぜさん you are from Belgium? Belgium is so cool (mostly bc Tintin is from there ) I know Belgium has Dutch French and German for official languages, even though only 1% of Belgians speak German I would have thought more would, since it's right next to Germany.

13 days ago
Report Content
チェシャ
Level: 54

Spanish (I took two Spanish classes in HS), German, Latin maybe (I'm going to personally fistfight Gaius Julius Caesar)? I considered Korean because my boyfriend is gonna learn it but idk.

6 days ago
Report Content

Being bilingual seems to help with learning additional languages, hence all the polyglots who know 3 or more languages and switch between them with ease. Knowing English is actually very useful for learning Korean because a lot of learning materials are written in English, too. (Also, I assume most of the English speakers in South Korea are probably folks who live in the most populous cities, sort of like Japan's population. You'll find more English-speaking people in Japan if you travel to 東京, but good luck finding English speakers in the rural countryside.)

hmm, I guess that is a good point I sort of am sad that English is my first language because I’d rather be better at Japanese than English in the first place and get exposed to more of all that kanji and grammar. Yeahhhh I’m kinda weird, I know, but it’s true

4 days ago
Report Content
カロリーナ42
Level: 146

Ukrainian or Russian, maybe. I like how they sound, and I would know another writing sytem. Also, it could be useful for me, because there are a lot of people from those countries (and some others) where I live

3 days ago
Report Content
ナーワ
Level: 14

I'm very interested in giving Spanish a try! I ve dabbed my feet into it a bit and since i m fluent in German and English I find Spanish quite intuitive most of the time!

i d also be potentially interested in Swahili (though cursed be the lack of resources), or Indonesian. But those are Projects for much, much later ^^

3 days ago
Report Content

At the moment, I'm learning Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Armenian, Russian, and I also know some Welsh since I live in Wales so they teach us it at school, but to be honest, I don't have any passion for learning it for the sake of becoming fluent, and if school didn't exist I wouldn't feel the need to learn a word. I'm nowhere near fluent in any of them, but I'm best at Japanese. I choose which ones to focus on every day based on what I'm getting bored of and what I feel interested in.

1 day ago
Report Content

French. Actually I‘m learning French at the same time kind of. If I ever manage to become as good as I am at English I would gladly learn Chinese and Spanish as well but…And Slavic languages are also interesting to me but I‘d only attempt it if I were one of those cool and successful polyglots

1 day ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana