Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Change mastery level dialog spacing

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Gibolt
Level: 291

1. Each level is hard to correctly click on mobile, because of the narrow spacing. Would be great to add quite a bit of padding between them.

2. It would be nice if the current level was just part of the list, but not clickable. Maybe make it green or Grey. That could eliminate the left half of this box and each side's subtitle, allowing plenty more space between the numbers.

15 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

It actually needs to be able to switch back to unknown, which isn't yet present on there (but is a possible value in the left column)

Maybe a simple dropdown?

Move from <current value> to <dropdown> ?

15 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

That makes sense. Would be nice as well to have a confirm / cancel button if the value has changed to commit the update.

15 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Done! Honestly, I'm not sure how it lasted so long as it did in the old format - it is so much better now.

14 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

The starting value of the dropdown doesn't look correct. I looked at multiple words and they all start at 1.

Also, since this covers the word, the title should contain the word being changed "Change mastery level of つぎ()". It would be nice to also have the definition below it, above ther 'Use the selector...' text.

The 'Save Mastery' button would also be best (safest) if disabled until value is changed.

It would also be nice if the current entry had the word [Current] or similar in the dropdown.

14 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Added term into title, as well as hiding button until change is registered. I don't think the definition is necessary.

As to the currently selected mastery level - it's not wrong, there's just not an ideal way to do it. Most terms are going to have multiple study vectors, each with a different value. It's selecting the lowest out of the group (instead of the average).

14 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

In that case, it would be cool to maybe show the current masteries for each vector, even if the change applies to all of them.

I like this feature on Kanji, and just noticed it doesn't even exist for Vocab (which it should)

14 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

It does actually, depending on where you are in the system. But not in the vocab dictionary - it's way too crowded in there :(

13 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Kanji dictionary expands on click. Could add the same for vocab. Would be nice to see all the vectors.

13 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry, I think I had a question in my head, but I didn't actually write it down. That screenshot of the mastery levels expanding - that *should* be working for vocab as well. Can you screenshot for me where it isn't happening?

9 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

This is when clicking into a schedule.

Doesn't expand:

Does expand:

Doesn't expand:

Does expand (on clicking the circle):

9 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Also, thanks for polishing the advanced tools lately :D

I'm finding it harder and harder to make suggestions

9 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

I think this is all I can do for now on this one:

On Basic view, you should now be able to expand kanji/vocab mastery

Grammar does not have multiple mastery vectors, so nothing to expand.

8 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

On that note, are mastery levels per word separated by/duplicated per schedule? I noticed that an audio schedule doesn't show the other vectors for its words.

8 days ago
Report Content
Anonymous123
Level: 1203

On that note, are mastery levels per word separated by/duplicated per schedule? I noticed that an audio schedule doesn't show the other vectors for its words.

All the mastery levels for each individual vector are attached to the word itself. They exist outside of the schedules, and even remain when schedules are deleted. Whether the vectors are displayed or not depends on the vectors in your schedule. The overall mastery level you see for a term is based on the average mastery level for those vectors (i.e. it only uses the vectors for your schedule to calculate the overall mastery).

8 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

All the mastery levels for each individual vector are attached to the word itself. They exist outside of the schedules, and even remain when schedules are deleted. Whether the vectors are displayed or not depends on the vectors in your schedule. The overall mastery level you see for a term is based on the average mastery level for those vectors (i.e. it only uses the vectors for your schedule to calculate the overall mastery).

That's what I thought on cross-schedule vectors.

If viewing the vectors is a manual action (opening hidden collapsed panel), it makes sense to see all attached vectors, maybe only if >0%).

You could Bold or sort to the front the active for this schedule/changed vectors. I think just showing them all and keeping it consistent everywhere is optimal.

8 days ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

That's what I thought on cross-schedule vectors.

If viewing the vectors is a manual action (opening hidden collapsed panel), it makes sense to see all attached vectors, maybe only if >0%).

You could Bold or sort to the front the active for this schedule/changed vectors. I think just showing them all and keeping it consistent everywhere is optimal.

I honestly think it would be confusing to show vectors not relevant to the schedule. But that's only my opinion. Not sure what others would think about it.

8 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Changed vectors are already highlighted when expanding during a quiz. Since the values are shared seeing them in one (any) place for the one unit of knowledge feels 'correct' and consistent to me. Even if you find it confusing, you should still be able to clearly see the mastery % you are interested in.

The top-level (element clicked to expand) is an average of that schedule's vectors, so maybe adding an overall mastery (if different than partial and there have been other vectors studied) would make it less confusing?

8 days ago
Report Content
Anonymous123

Changed vectors are already highlighted when expanding during a quiz. Since the values are shared seeing them in one (any) place for the one unit of knowledge feels 'correct' and consistent to me. Even if you find it confusing, you should still be able to clearly see the mastery % you are interested in.

The top-level (element clicked to expand) is an average of that schedule's vectors, so maybe adding an overall mastery (if different than partial and there have been other vectors studied) would make it less confusing?

The inclusion of info not relevant to the schedule would be the source of the confusion for me. I think the ideal place to put all the mastery info for each vocab term would be in the dictionary, similar to how it is done for kanji.

That being said, it's pretty rare that I actually look at the mastery levels for individual terms (I just trust the system to do the right thing), so any change to how they are presented would probably have a small impact on me.

8 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll jump in and say that for now, I am only planning on showing vectors relevant to the schedule, as that is what the average % is showing.

This may change in the future, but in terms of improvements, I'm pretty happy where this is right now, and am ready to pivot to other areas on renshuu.

8 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana