Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Conjugation / helper links in word dialogs

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Gibolt
Level: 291

I often find word with some helper I don't recognize or conjugation form that I want to review. Most don't have a grammar link at the bottom. It would be awesome if:

1. Each helper had a grammar entry, with example sentences and ~what it generally means in a sentence

2. The grammar entry was linked. Even better if the description next to the conjugated word linked.

The example here is Conjecture, which I couldn't find defined in the dictionary. Would be awesome for "If/when" to be a link for "たら" and "conjecture" to also be a link. It is fine if they remain grey.

Example with grammar at bottom. Would still be awesome if te form was also linked.

Examples with helpers:

15 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

If this is done, I think it'd be cleaner (there is already so much in there) to just replace the grey text at the top with links. What do you think?

15 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

I don't mind the grey text, maybe even just add underline when clickable. Easy to look past if you don't need it. As long as it stays less contrasted than the main content, should be fine. Maybe a dull blue, if not grey.

A simple improvement even without linking could be to just always drop it to the second line, with a "<br>"

15 days ago
Report Content
Gibolt

Started noticing and using the feature! It is quite useful to better understand why helpers are added for a specific sentence.

Thanks for adding the links!

3 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana