Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Adjust Mastery Level not working

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Level: 117

I've been manually adjusting the mastery level for words that I don't need to review as much. However, I've noticed that this doesn't seem to actually impact the frequency that those words appear. New terms that I marked as Mastery Level 8/9 are still appearing the next day.

Not sure if this is intended and I'm misunderstanding the function of Mastery levels.

16 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 263

Could you screenshot exactly where on renshuu you are tapping to pull up the mastery alter page? Also, if you can give a few examples of ones with this issue, I could go in and try to replicate it.

Ideally, something like this: "I went to term XXX, tapped here (screenshot), then changed it to mastery level YYY. However, if I return to that page, the mastery level still shows ZZZ.

I have no doubt that I'll be able to fix it one I get that info from you.

15 days ago
Report Content

I'm currently doing the Basic Japanese Words (N5) Schedule but I've noticed this issue occurs across other schedules as well.

On the quiz, I tap the 3 dots and select "Adjust Mastery" and set it to a much higher level and then save it.

When I look up the word in the list and check the mastery, the new mastery level is reflected but I've noticed that these words are still appearing very frequently (a day or two later).

I noticed this problem right away when I saw that the string of words that I manually set at mastery level 8/9 were appearing back to back in my quiz the next day.

Just a wild guess but perhaps the default mastery level increase from the quiz is overriding the manual level adjustment? Or maybe the manual mastery level adjustment only affects a single study vector and leaves the others (related to the word) untouched.

Hope this helps!

15 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the feedback. I've confirmed a few things:

1. It *did* apply the mastery change to the entire term, and not just a single study vector.

I think I may have found an edge case that is causing this problem - but it's a bit of a long shot. I have made that change, though, so I'd like to see if any mastery adjustments you make after reading this message come up again.

14 days ago
Report Content

Thanks for looking into this.

Unfortunately, I found りんご again under my quiz today despite having changed it to level 9 from last time.

I did notice that the adjust mastery level drop down is now showing the current level as the default.

I changed a few other words' mastery today so I can check again to see if they're still showing up frequently in subsequent quizzes (in case your fix doesn't apply retroactively).

13 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry - it would have had to been set to 9 *after* the change went up :)

13 days ago
Report Content

I haven't really noticed any new occurrences so far but I'll update this thread if I notice anything.

Thanks a lot for addressing this so quickly!

どうもありがとうございました!

12 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana