Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Kanji related vocabulary improvements

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

ブルブルクン
Level: 432

I would like to see the lightbulb icon next to the plus icon in kanji related vocabulary. This is useful to see what terms are known, and also to mark terms as known.

Additionally, if it is possible to see all known words containing that kanji while learning it, that would be nice, especially for nonstandard readings. I recently learned the last kanji in a word with a nonstandard reading, then later seeing the term in a vocab quiz appear as kanji only was a bit puzzling.

11 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 263

Can you show me a screenshot of both situations? That would help a lot, thanks!

11 days ago
Report Content
ブルブルクン

The kanji I learned recently was . The vocab word that surprised me was 火傷 (やけど). This term does show up in the common words when I look at the "full" kanji flashcard, but I must have missed it. If the lightbulb icon was present, surely I would have paid more attention to it.

Example learning flashcard where I'd like the lightbulb to appear next to the plus icon. In this screen, I would also like to be able to see all words that I know that contain this kanji, especially for the irregular readings.

And here's the equivalent "full" flashcard.

11 days ago
Report Content

In the kanji panel under settings, there is an option called Max number of items to show. Increasing this would allow you to see more terms.

11 days ago
Report Content
ブルブルクン

I am aware of that setting. I just set it to the max. It appears to page the results so you have to press a button to see more. This is not bad.

I still would like this supplemented with the lightbulb icon.

11 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 263

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll definitely keep it in mind - I'm working on a lot of changes right now re: the interlinking between words and kanji, so it's quite timely that you're bringing this up.

7 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana