Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - App crashes

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

JP2024
Level: 42

Hi there, I am using renshuu on my iPad. When I open the app, I can see the bar at the top of the screen and I can open the menu on the left hand side. But the main part of the screen is blank. If I press any of the icons / links at the top of the screen / menu, nothing happens and the main part of the screen remains blank. It means I am now having to reinstall the app pretty much every time I use it. It then works for the first time I open it, but the second time, it stops working, so I reinstall, and so we go. Any ideas?

11 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 263

I'm sorry you're having these problems: I cannot say I've seen this issue yet. Let's make sure it's not s connection issue: if you pop open Safari and go to renshuu.org, do you have any issues?

11 days ago
Report Content

I see this, but I can recover by force-quitting the app and restarting it. I’ve never had to reinstall it.

11 days ago
Report Content
JP2024
Level: 42

Hi there, the problem I’m having happens when I study or do a quiz. If I return to the home screen and then close the app, it’s OK. But if I close the app without going back to the home screen, the next time I open the app, it won’t load and I get the blank screen problem. Best, JP.

8 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks - issues like this are notoriously difficult to debug - it sounds like there are no actual error messages popping up?

7 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll probably put out a larger call for this later, but I've got a ton of libraries to update in my iOS version of renshuu - there's a pretty good chance one of those could provide more stability here. It'll most likely be mid-may, but if you're interested in testing it (you'll have to install Apple's TestFlight app), DM me with your apple ID email address, and I'll add you to the list.

7 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

Oh, and I definitely want to say that I'm not trying to push this off to the side - I would *LOVE* to get this fixed. The biggest problem, though, is that I've never been able to replicate the white screen on iOS devices that I have, even after installing various apps/games that other users have had on. (We suspected that it was tied perhaps to switching to another memory heavy app, then switching back to renshuu)

7 days ago
Report Content
マイコー

I wanted to scratch that itch, so I just pushed a beta version up for review - once it is approved, I'll put the download link here (no need to send in emails, I believe). If the problem persists, at least we'll know it is not due to an out-of-date library (which is very possible with Flutter)

6 days ago
Report Content
マイコー
5 days ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana