和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - When should I freeze Kana-romaji and ditch romaji?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese



avatar
ナカモ
Level: 35
I'm feeling fairly comfortable reading kana without romaji and was wondering
3
6 days ago
avatar

I'd keep them around for fun. They don't take much time and speeding through them helps with recognition speed. Also just nice for retention if you're a beginner. You can just let SRS do its job. Eventually you just won't have any reviews, and you can delete the schedules.


Renshuu doesn't have romaji anywhere else, so you're pretty much forced to ditch them regardless.

Of course you can ditch the kana schedules as soon as you feel ready. It's your call to make :)


Edit: You're talking about the Hiragana/Katakana schedules right? I didn't misunderstand anything?

You can also merge them into a single Kana schedule so they don't take up space.

8
6 days ago
avatar
ナカモ
Level: 35

@ギョルギ九十三 thanks, I just noticed after you pointed out about this, I actually did merge them already because it felt tiring juggling reviews between Hiragana and Katana and it felt less burdening to review as a single schedule

3fead9827c43915dce811e05.jpg
4
4 days ago
avatar
雪・にゃー
Level: 299

I never used the schedules here for kana. I worked through a textbook and that got me so comfortable reading and writing kana, it's not worth studying them.

If you're not writing anything by hand, I'd probably keep the schedules around until you start reading books, assuming you haven't started already. Graded readers count. If you are writing things by hand, you can probably ditch the schedules sooner. Either way, I do suggest ditching them eventually, because they will become a waste of time someday.

7
3 days ago
avatar
ナカモ
Level: 35

@雪・にゃー I have been practing writing かな on a physical paper but not for writing down words just to try learning to get it right all of them kao_sparkles.png it helped me to keep remembering some familiar looking かな like もむ/ぬね/アや/ノソ/ツシ


I have been trying to see some Japanese online content but I usually don't understand and I'm more like 'oh I know how to read the kana' it sounds silly but definitely motivates me to appreciate the small steps kao_great.png I'm interested in trying to read よつばと! と カウボーイビバップ but I didn't start yet, I did start feeling if it was waste of time keeping with かな schedules exactly becauae it feels so familiar to me by now already kao_hug.png but it's getting to a very low number now of due terms to review every day now so I have been following ギョルギ九十 の アドバイス kao_kitty.png thanks for the advice too also on graded readers kao_eating.png

3
19 hours ago
Getting the posts




Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana