和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - Linked schedules reset settings out of nowhere

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems



avatar
ナカモ
Level: 45

So I made a vocabulary schedule for Japanese Basics grammar, it created a schedule called Words for Japanese Basics and I put on to create a Kanji creating a Kanji for Japanese Basics, I finished です, made a new schedule with all terms from both called 日本語の基本:です and renamed both respectively 日本語の基本:単語 and 日本語の基本:漢字, took all terms obtained from です section to have for next section separated but out of nowhere (as I finished arranging 日本語の基本:単語) the Words for Japanese Basics renamed from 日本語の基本:単語 back to it along with default settings (I had changed quiz size and new terms per quiz settings).


I don't plan on being pampered with english-assisted learning to Japanese and want to at some point when realistically possible rely on what I already know of Japanese as base for learning more and not having to necessarily remember "ah in english is this for that japanese" for every single thing and why I started doing this to build on this habit.. however this issue seems to be getting in the way. The terms also came back (I will just single them manually later so this part isn't a big problem, but having to change settings all the time would)


TL:DR (chronologically) I put on to generate terms on the basis of learning Japanese Basics grammar schedule both for Words and Kanji from the Words, created two new manual schedules out of their terms (both as 日本語の基本:です ), changed their settings (quiz size and new terms per quiz and respectively renamed them 日本語の基本:漢字 and 日本語の基本:単語), by the time I finished editing out the terms from 日本語の基本:単語 into 日本語の基本:です , the terms from the kanji schedule 日本語の基本:です had been brought back, renamed to Kanji for Japanese Basics and changed settings were reversed back to default settings

1
13 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346

Thanks for the message, and sorry for the delayed reply!

There is a lot of information in this post, and I'm having a bit of trouble trying to parse out exactly what happened to which schedule, with which steps. no need to justify why you are doing this: we all have our own ways of learning!

If you could, please provide a simple set of numbered steps, being extremely clear with how you did each thing.

For example, in that first paragraph, you said you "finished です" - I'm not quite sure what that means (as in, I could think of a few different things that a user might do and refer to it as "finishing です".) After that, "took all terms obtained..." - not quite clear on that. Additionally, "finished editing out the terms" - there are tons of ways to adjust schedule contents, so I'd love to know exactly what happened.

I have no doubt that I'll be able to figure this out, but due to how complex and configurable renshuu is, clarity on each and every step helps me a ton in getting to a conclusion. Thank you so much in advance!

1
9 days ago
avatar
ナカモ
Level: 45

@マイコー no worries about the delay, thanks for taking your time to reply kao_guts.png i have progressed to の stage but still remember how I did so I will try paraphrasing it differently kao_yoroshiku.png, let me know if it still sounds confusing:

1. Created a word and kanji linked schedule (helper schedules) from Japanese Basics grammar schedule
2. Renamed word schedule from to 日本語の基本:単語
3. Then renamed kanji schedule from to 日本語の基本:漢字
4. Created a word schedule named 日本語の基本:です
5. I went over to 日本語の基本:単語 view terms page listing all of them and one by one I went on clicking the plus sign then adding it to 日本語の基本:です and taking it off from 日本語の基本:単語
6. I went over to 日本語の基本:です word schedule since I finished adding terms and changed quiz size and new terms per quiz and clicked to Save
7. Created a kanji schedule named 日本語の基本:です
8. I went over to 日本語の基本:漢字 (to do same process as the other) on view terms page and taking off terms after adding to 日本語の基本:です
9. Then I proceeded to do similarly to what I did before but now to the 日本語の基本:です kanji schedule, I went over to the kanji schedule settings, and also changed both quiz size and new terms per quiz and clicked to Save
10. Now, once I had clicked on Save and got sent back to the dashboard page I suddenly see the schedule 日本語の基本:漢字 got renamed back to Kanji for Japanese Basics and intrigued me if the schedule was reseted from my changes because as I said, I had taken the terms off so seeing it being renamed back and terms available again I went over to the settings and the parameters for quiz size and new terms per quiz were back to their default/previous value

Also I didn't mention but it never happened this to the linked word schedule (not even a day after), I only got terms list changed when I progressed on Japanese Basics grammar schedule and even then the name remained as the one I had changed to ( 日本語の基本:単語 ) so this only happened to the linked kanji schedule (I have been wondering if it would ever happen to the word schedule hence why I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if it would be affected too yet)

Another thing, it's been a while since I made the の schedules and this issue never occurred, the schedule is still empty however I didn't try changing settings again to see if it goes back, I may update on this in a few days (changing again and will see if the issue repeats itself neko_laugh.png ).


0
6 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346

I actually have questions about step one, sorry! What is linked to what? That sounds like several steps wrapped into one line.

First off, did you create, as in make it from scratch, or are you adding them from the Manage your Schedules > All Schedules page?

If that's the case (All Schedules), did you make the Japanese Basics pack, and then go to the Words for Japanese Basics, tap the ..., then go to Add/make kanji helper schedule?

0
1 day ago
Getting the posts




Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana