和 英 辞 典 Vocabulary dictionary
Contact us
test
renshuu.org requires Javascript to work correctly. Please enable Javascript and reload this page.
renshuu requires cookies to work correctly. Please enable cookies and reload this page.
掲 示 板 Forums - Is this a typo?
Top >
日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! >
Anything About Japanese
No Replies Allowed
I found this word '連 常 客 ' in a Japanese learning book, but I can't find it in the dictionary. There's table in the book that lists its meaning as regular customer, and I found '常 客 ' in the dictionary with the same meaning, but the '連 ' at the front confuses me. It doest appear to be a prefix.
I'm thinking 連 is a counter, which I would consider that as a form of a prefix. Do you have context for this?
The full sentence:
そのため、その店 の連 常 客 が徐 々 に減 っていきました。
Probaby a typo of 常 連 客 (じょうれんきゃく) . Note the first two kanji are swapped.
This is the “things strung in a line” meaning of 連 (れん) , as in 連 休 (れんきゅう) . The things being strung in a line are the visits of the repeat customers.
雪 ・にゃー is probably right, though.
Ah, okay, thank you all so much :)
You also hear it said as 常 連 さん :)
No Replies Allowed
Top >
日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! >
Anything About Japanese
Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.
Send error report
Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana
■ Hiragana
Submit