和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - Is this a typo?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese



avatar
Chirushii
Level: 177

I found this word '連常客' in a Japanese learning book, but I can't find it in the dictionary. There's table in the book that lists its meaning as regular customer, and I found '常客' in the dictionary with the same meaning, but the '連' at the front confuses me. It doest appear to be a prefix.

0
3 days ago
avatar
Icepick87
Level: 645

I'm thinking 連 is a counter, which I would consider that as a form of a prefix. Do you have context for this?

3
3 days ago
avatar
Chirushii
Level: 177

The full sentence:

そのため、その店の連常客が徐々に減っていきました。

0
3 days ago
avatar
雪・にゃー
Level: 299

Probaby a typo of 常連客(じょうれんきゃく)​. Note the first two kanji are swapped.

3
3 days ago
avatar

This is the “things strung in a line” meaning of 連(れん)​, as in 連休(れんきゅう)​. The things being strung in a line are the visits of the repeat customers.

雪・にゃー is probably right, though.

3
3 days ago
avatar
Chirushii
Level: 177

Ah, okay, thank you all so much :)

1
3 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346

You also hear it said as 常連さん :)

2
9 hours ago
Getting the posts




Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana