Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
をください
1. Please give me A
             カレー  ください  
I want to eat spicy food, so give me curry please.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

looh
Level: 16
Hey- perhaps for the newbies starting out, you may want to add that you can request multiple nouns using と, like in this sentence:
のリンゴとのオレンジをください。
Of course that type of thing should be relatively obvious, but you never know. It could come in handy. :P
15 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Thanks; I'll definitely add that when I write a more extensive description for this page (of course, if you feel like writing one [see pages like ‾たい or ‾ながら for good examples], I'll be happy to check it and put it up.
15 years ago
Report Content
dfperfume
Level: 1
Can I use this to ask for something abstract like time? I made a sentence about it. Please check it to see what I mean.
15 years ago
Report Content
Ses
Level: 1
The example sentence is: おをください But I heard (a few times from different people) if you want water you should say おひや and not みず.
12 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1598
either one is acceptable, although おや is more polite
12 years ago
Report Content
gjwebber
Level: 3
When would I say おをください and when would I say instead おいします?
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Hmm - I would not say the second at all. おいします typically follows a request for an action by the other party (among a thousand other things). When you are requesting a *thing*, ください is just fine :).
6 years ago
Report Content
gjwebber
Level: 3
To clarify, where I have heard おいします used in practice is often at a restaurant, where people are asking for XXX 寿いします。Could this be a local variation thing?
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I cannot say for 100% - this is just off of personal experience. So please just take it as a single data point.
6 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

related grammar:

をくださいませんか "Please give me A (polite)" https://www.renshuu.org/grammar/335/をくださいませんか

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana