Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
かぎ 
1. A marks the time that something ends/starts
いよいよ        しばらく        
I've finally got some vacation coming as of the end of this week.
2. To the full extent/usage of A

He shouted at the top of his lungs.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

lou1sb
Level: 1
I don't really understand the definition given here. Is it this: http://dev.jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=wo%20kagiri%20ni
14 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Yea, sorry - it should have been given two definitions. I clarified the first. The 'to the full extent' one is something like this:

ったどもはりにんだ.

I understood this as 'The lost child cried out with her full voice.

If you have some suggestions as to how to improve the definition, let me know. It'll obviously help to have some model sentences in there, but those are somewhat hard to come by for the 1kyuu stuff. I'll try and get some in once I finish inserting everything.
14 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1604
this can also be used as Nりで
13 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Which meaning?
13 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
it seems to be both, although the book did state that you can't do り, it has to use the を (and の wasn't listed at all), so maybe it's only the latter?
13 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Adjusted one of the meanings. PS: I have the same ref. book, so feel free to refer to page numbers.
13 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
I also don't think I've ever heard をりに with a verb (second usage)? I've seen Verbりに (りに,りに) used in the first sense though...
13 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Yea, the を didn't belong in there. Took it out!
13 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
now that I think about it, I think that Verbりに should go in the first usage and not the second at all...?
13 years ago
Report Content
クロウ
Level: 5

When marking a time period, this gives the effect that one is making an announcement/declaration to others.

8 years ago
Report Content
Anonymous_and
Level: 5

it's kinda confusing here- I'm trying to use renshuu alongside my textbook ( ), and in the book there is a かぎり that is used the same way as described here, marking time period and showing the full extend and all. however in my textbook かぎり is used just so, without addition of を or に, and they seem perfectly grammatical to me

ex: ろう。

うために、はできるりのことをした。        

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

You're completely right! The original page focused on a single usage, and other usages were added over time. However, some of the patterns were still too restrictive. After checking on everything, I updated some of the usage patterns as well as the title for the page.

4 years ago
Report Content
TumorsAreGood
Level: 163

Under usage 1 construction 1, example 「りに」 is written as 

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Fixed, thanks!

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana