Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.

1. As for A; when it comes to the example A
Shows an extreme example A. Has a negative connotation.
  ここ                   
As for this here, he said that he was innocent.
2. Shows an extreme situation A
Followed by a change/realization that (finally) occurs because of A. Words like やっと and ようやく often follow A.
    する      ようやく    しすぎ        
When I had a stress fracture, I finally understood that I was practicing too much.
3. Despite an extreme situation A
Followed by change/result that has not happened despite A occurring. Words like まだ often follow.
Even at the end of the fiscal year in March, it looks unlikely that (e.g. work) will be finished.
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

mysticfive
Level: 1599
you can also use る and らず as well - the former having the same general meaning as って, the latter meaning something along the lines of 'without reaching such a situation'
13 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261
Added the first. Do you think the latter would fit better as a new expression?
13 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1599
yeah - maybe another usage on the same page? Or something on it's own?
13 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147
The Kanzen Master grammar book for N1 has separate entries for ~にって・~にっても and ~にっては with separate usage and definition information. Assuming that information is accurate, perhaps this page could be updated to reflect that? The current information matches that given in Kanzen Master for ~にっては, but it doesn't really explain how to use ~にって・~にっても, which is supposedly used for extreme situations and their results, and which can be used with verbs in addition to nouns.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Did a bit of digging around, this is what I got. Let me know if you are seeing the same:

いたって - used to mark a time or situation when something extreme/drastic happens. N/V precedes it.

いたっては - given on this page, but needs to be noted that it's only used for negative statements.

いたっても - similar to #1, used to mark an extreme time or situation, but it followed with something that hasn't been done/achieved yet (negative phrase).

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Sounds about right. This is what Kanzen Master shows:

~にって・~にっても: ではえられないにつく。「~にって」のには、がそこまでんでやっとどうなったか、「~にっても」のには、んでもどうならないかをる。

~にっては:としてあきれた、ひどいというす。につく。には、そのがどんなかをる。
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, added them! We're pretty backlogged on getting model sentences added to the ones without examples, but we'll get there at some point.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana