Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - New features/fixes for renshuu beta (Update #7: September 19th)

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 261
[b]Finished changes/fixes[/b] [list type=decimal] [li](7/28) Extra tab added in grammar library for sentences verified by native speakers[/li] [li](7/28) Option under mobile to keep quiz settings separate for mobile/pc (example: only do fill in the blank on pc, while mobile is all multi-choice) [/li] [li](7/28) Mastery schedule graph 1: line added marking number of total terms, so you can see when change in terms affects mastery levels.[/li] [li](7/30) Auto-play of result term on non-listening quizzes[/li] [li](7/30) Make kanji quizzes more forgiving (like vocab quizzes) if non japanese characters appear in the answers[/li] [li](7/30) New game: shiritori![/li] [li](7/30) Custom lists: have option to bypass dictionary entries and add own term[/li] [li](7/30) Quick way to move studypad list into a custom list (option on studypad page)[/li] [li](7/30) Make popups more mobile-friendly (tap them to close)[/li] [li](7/30) List of related terms under a kanji in a term list are spaced out more[/li] [li](7/30) Grammar page forum threads (in the forums) have a simpler header[/li] [li](7/30) If a question uses a term, that term will not appear as an incorrect answer for the next question[/li] [li](7/30) Softened the graph for the # of terms (top-left graph in mastery schedule)[/li] [li](7/30) Some rarer kanji were not showing related terms in kanji dictionary[/li] [li](7/30) Adjusted kanji dictionary to combine 'overlapping' readings into single tab for related terms[/li] [li](7/31) Added grade markers for most jouyou kanji readings in the kanji dictionary.[/li] [li](7/31) Shiritori redone with clearer theme markers, deletion ability of last term, more flexible word acceptance, etc.[/li] [li](7/31) Hanko maker redone - more fonts added![/li] [li](7/31) 4 new hankos! Removed the collective 'Lets play' hanko and split out each activity into its own hanko, including shiritori![/li] [li](8/1) Kanji-only shiritori added. Will run alongside kana-only version, and users can participate in either or both![/li] [li](8/1) From [url=http://www.renshuu.org/index.php?page=community/forum_topic&topic_id=5382]this thread[/url], related word lists for kanji now give preference to known words over unknown words, and attempt to show at least one word from each known kanji reading.[/li] [li](8/19) Shiritori - cannot include entire previous word[/li] [li](8/19) The new alert box should fit better on mobile[/li] [li](8/19) The new alert will automatically disappear after a few seconds[/li] [li](8/19) Shiritori - bonus point rules for kanji adjusted to be easier for kanji words[/li] [li](8/19) You can add your own private sentences!!![/li] [li](8/22) First 7 shiritori hankos added! Rest will be added after a bit of live testing on the first set.[/li] [li](8/24) Final shiritori hankos added, including weekly bonuses[/li] [li](8/24) Private sentences now expanded to allow English, binding to the dictionary (for linking to multiple terms), and a full view of the sentences in your My Sentences page.[/li] [li](9/10) Hiragana and kanji puzzles on the worksheets page![/li] [li](9/10) User setting under Kanji options - can force site to display kanji on terms commonly written in hiragana[/li] [li](9/19) You can now buy giftcodes for giving subscriptions to other users![/li] [li](9/19) Conjugation quizzes - on results box, now sort sentences to give preferences to sentences with same conjugation.[/li] [li](9/19) Last studied/When added now sort options on the my term library[/li] [li](9/19) Added overall marker to mastery levels in quiz result box[/li] [li](9/19) Advanced kanji quiz modes now have a checkbox to disable them in mobile only (if you don't care for the dragging types)[/li] [/list] There are no more planned additions, just bug fixing!
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Just added a ton of things including shiritori under community!
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
A few more added! Gotta love summer vacation.
12 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1599
I really like the changes in the kanji dictionary! I'm not seeing the studypad -> list option though...?
12 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1599
nevermind, there it is! I was looking at the studypad words though the 'kanji center' page :-[
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I have one more major upgrade to the vocab reading lists at the bottom, then I should be done for the beta round (with regards to the kanji dict).
12 years ago
Report Content
できるだけ
Level: 28
I love the studypad import feature - so convenient!
12 years ago
Report Content
Level:
I guess I'll post this here, rather than make a whole new thread over it, as it's very minor. Is it intended that the forums retain all whitespace following the last text in a post? (I will intentionally leave some at the end of this post as an example) Do you think that there is any benefit to doing so? It seems that it could be automatically truncated, since it serves no purpose really. As it is, to avoid accidentally leaving it you have to place the cursor after the last character and spam the Del key a few times. I do realize that there will be whitespace when the lines of text in the post are less height than the fixed size of the avatar pane on the left, I'm talking about once you get below that, for example:
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I don't think it's necessary. Will...write it in to strip that.
12 years ago
Report Content
Level:
You're awesome, thanks. While I'm being bothersome, let me bring up something else small that I just noticed. When cancelling an empty reply post, I don't think that we need a popup confirmation. For example, if I hit Reply on an email in Gmail, but I don't type anything, I can then hit Discard to instantly ditch the blank email without any confirmation. But, if I type anything at all, it makes me confirm the discard operation. Would this be an easy thing to if/or in the code? If it causes you any problems at all, just forget about it, it's not a big deal at all...just thought it might be easy to implement.
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Ok, it's in there (on my local copy of the site). Will update...when I update!
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Update! The whitespace trimming should be in there (only for new posts, not previous ones), but the Discard probably isn't up because the javascript file is currently being worked on for a different feature.
12 years ago
Report Content
できるだけ
Level: 28
The grade levels for kanji readings is a really interesting feature! I'm curious where the information's coming from, though... I don't have anything but gut feeling to back me up, but I just looked up and noticed that it's listed as シャク(), which seems a little odd, given that it's 2.
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It was hand entered, and based on the kanji/reading sets for Japanese school students. Not to say there aren't some typos here and there.., but I believe it is mostly ok!
12 years ago
Report Content
Level:
Hmmm, didn't you set it up to where "Receive alerts when someone posts to this topic" defaulted to unchecked? I swear that's how it's been working since you created the new forums, but it seems like around the start of this last beta round that it reverted to being on by default. And I don't see an option for it under the message settings, although there are options for when to receive other types of alerts (suki points, etc.)
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Hmm..ok, so it hasn't been just me. Will keep an eye on that.
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Update! See above. Will also be creating a new thread for the private sentence feature.
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Update! Single change, but a big one - the first batch of shiritori hankos are now available for collecting!
12 years ago
Report Content
emmy
Level: 3
I think there's some bug in the kana shiritori. The ending was プレー but the box said ん, I put in レーサー and the box now says え... Hankos seem to be working nicely :)
12 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed it, will go in the next update, which will be sometime today (Japan time).
12 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana