Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - For Mobile users: help with swipe testing!

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 1 of 2

マイコー
Level: 262
Anyone that uses the site on mobile renshuu, I need your help! The next beta round's main (80%) focus is expansion and improvement of the mobile site. I want to implement swipe events (where you slide your finger left/right, up/down) to aid with the navigation and make it easier to use. For now, though, I am testing the basic swiping code. Please go here on your phone/tablet: http://www.renshuu.org/swipe/swipe.html Please try to swipe left/right. There should be one panel to the left (with just some text), and the dictionary to the right. There are no visual cues (yet), just an instantaneous transition. If you do test it, please report back and let me know of success/failure, and what type of device you are using. Thanks! UPDATE: completely new page loaded up. Please check swiping. No need to comment on strangeness of any links not working or that text 'jutting' out on the dictionary page.
11 years ago
Report Content
マドゥリ
Level: 1
The swiping works well. Only touching the screen anywhere on the dictionary panel makes it freeze. I'm having to use the optical keypad on my phone to use the dictionary. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Y on Android.
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
*laughs* that would be a problem. Looking into it. Thanks for the fast reply!
11 years ago
Report Content
ベン
Level: 49
Just tested this out. For me it seems as if I can only swipe in one direction, either right or left. When I swipe left to right I can't swipe back. I'm using a Docomo Aquos phone running Android.
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Yea - go ahead and hold the testing for now - I'm scrapping that code (it's all third party), and trying something else. I have one that almost works, looks beautiful, but has a bit of quirky behavior that makes it a showstopper.
11 years ago
Report Content
rgb_alpha
Motorola Droid X2 with Android 2.3.5 If I go left from the main page, I can't go back to the main page by swiping to the right. If I go right from the main page, I can go back to the main page swiping to the left, but swipes don't always register.
11 years ago
Report Content
Natsu
Level: 8
Swiping from main page to dictionary and back to main page again is fine, but when I swipe to the left of the main page and back, its less responsive. Takes a few turns in order to get back to the main page. Samsung Galaxy S1 - Android.
11 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1604
using Motorola Droid - Android - swipe function isn't working and site looks wonky - looks like the two pages are almost on top of each other or something?
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
*cough cough* it is 100% not working til I get something else up - probably in the next day or two ;)
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Everyone please test again! New page up! All I need is testing on the swiping,nothing else. Note: I am aware that the quiz stats bleed in from page 2 (center) to page 3. no problem, will be fixed. I also know that the footer appears *really* low on pages 1 and 3, but..I might just leave it like that. Lastly, err..I know that if you switch panels after scrolling down on page 2, it doesn't move back to the top.
11 years ago
Report Content
マドゥリ
Works well for me. :)
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Spiced the top up a bit - aiming for a really simple top bar.
11 years ago
Report Content
Natsu
Level: 8
Works better now. No problem sliding from one page to another. Samsung Galaxy S1 - Android
11 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
working on Motorola Droid - Android!
11 years ago
Report Content
Level: 4
Using Japan-bought iPhone4S, running most recent iOS (6.0.1). Everything fine apart from the advertisement on the 'Dictionary' page running slightly off screen to the right.
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks - that is an issue that will be easily fixed when I resize the image, but thank you for taking the time to point it out!
11 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
a thought on the swiping - I don't know if this is even possible, but I personally would really like the option to turn the swiping feature off when I'm quizzing - apparently when I touch my phone to answer questions, my finger slides? Again from a coding standpoint I have no idea how feasible that is...
11 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It is possible - although maybe it would be easier to tone down the sensitivity (I think I can do that) when on the quiz page. Do you think that is what is happening - it is a 'tiny' swipe?
11 years ago
Report Content
jacob
On iOS 6, both iPad and iPhone, swipe severely interferes with any kanji quiz method that uses drag and drop. So while multiple choice works well, other question types are unusable. If you intend to keep swipe navigation around, could you please consider adding an option to turn it off entirely?
11 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
I didn't even think about that! I've had the quizzes on Classic mode for the mobile site because drag-and-drop wouldn't work on my Kindle, but like Jacob said that would probably interfere. マイコー - the swiping is small enough that I didn't realize I was doing anything at all! I'd just be going through the quiz and all of a sudden I was at the menu or dictionary side.
11 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana