Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Schedule leftover numbers - round 3

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 1 of 4

マイコー
Level: 260
The previous thread was getting a bit long, and I need to redo how the information is gathered. [b]What is the schedule leftover problem?[/b] It is when the 'ready to study' numbers are higher than they should be (usually by 1-2 terms), resulting in the site telling you that you have a quiz ready to study (when you in fact have finished your schedule). What will happen is you click 'Continue studying', but the site fails to load up a quiz. 1. If you have a schedule leftover problem and would like to help with the problem, please post with the following information: a. Schedule ID (this is the number that appears in the site's address when you are on the schedule summary page). b. How many terms are left. c. Please check the site's menu - you probably know that you can access the schedule's from the Learn category. See if the green number given there matches what's given on the finish page. d. [optional/bonus] - go back to the schedule summary page, and see if the number (b) matches up with a)Daily study goal and b)the total number of green terms on the bar chart to the right e. permission to add your schedule to the debugger. This will slow your schedule down somewhat (loading time for questions), but will collect data that may help to discover the issue. If you agree to this and it is too slow for you, I'll be happy to take you out of the debugger at any time. [b]Volunteer wanted[/b] I am looking for someone that is: a)experiencing the problem fairly frequently (daily, or almost daily) b)having it occur on a schedule with a relatively small number of terms (<50 per day). c)ideally (but not required), only one schedule (for vocab or kanji, whichever is having the problem). I'd like to take that account, make a copy of it on my local system, and run it myself to see if I can trip it up. NOTE: this will NOT affect the data in your schedule in any way.
9 years ago
Report Content
ルイス
Level: 1
i was experiencing the LP last week but it's gone now, if it reoccurs i will let you know...
9 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1594
ditto here (although I've had a couple schedules frozen as well, been a crazy couple of weeks!)
9 years ago
Report Content
TakaComics
Level: 25
The problem has been fairly silent, but I'll let you know. My schedules have a lot of terms though.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I've actually stumbled upon another excellent area to use to track down bugs, so I'll be keeping an eye out on that as well.
9 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Vocab schedule 3452 had 19 to flush today! :o Didn't notice anything on the Finish page, but came up on another schedule's Finish page. Summary page matched, but flushing cleared it out. Numbers on the bars matched up. Think you already had this on the debugger, but if not, feel free to do whatever you like with it! [[EDIT]] Kanji schedules 3438, 5183 and 5185 had 6, 2, and 4 respectively, all matched up on Summary page and in bars before flushing. This one might have to do with the fact that I unfroze kanji schedule 4027, which has a lot of overlap with those schedules, and quizzed it...
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Holy moly, that's a lot. Haven't made any changes to the internals..very frustrating that they're not even registering on the debugger. A bet the unfreezing did it - let me make sure the unfreezing properly requests a rebuild on related schedules.
9 years ago
Report Content
ロンダ
Level: 1682
Absolutely no problems since my last post in the other thread.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'd like to clarify a bit on something I just thought of. If you have an error with a schedule, please let me know if you noticed the error immediately after you finished studying that schedule (for example, you studied it a few times, it says it has more to study, but it will not let you study), or if you noticed that it had leftover terms after studying ANOTHER schedule. The first one will definitely be easier to work with, as the bug is 'self-contained', and not getting pulled in from another schedule.
9 years ago
Report Content
Level:
Kanji schedule 19936 has one question stuck on there; it happened immediately after I finished studying. I'm almost certain it has to do with the fact that I unchecked "I know this reading" on one of the kanji while taking the quiz, and it had a question about that reading planned in the quiz I was taking.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks for the detailed information. Can you give me a bit more information about this? Specifically: 1. What type of reading was it: onyomi or kunyomi? 2. After unchecking, were there any other known (black) readings of the same type, or was that the 'last' known reading? 3. Did you uncheck it in the quiz, or in the dictionary? 4. When did you uncheck it? Was it after you had answered the question once (with the kanji in question), or prior to getting to the question? If it was *after* you had answered it, had you gotten it correct, or incorrect (and thus needing to quiz it again later in the quiz)? Thanks!
9 years ago
Report Content
Level:
I'm preeeeetty sure it was the kunyomi reading うつ.る in the kanji. It was the only kunyomi reading for that kanji that I had marked as known. I unchecked it in the quiz, in the results section next to the following question. I unchecked the reading after answering a question about it (I was asked to fill in the kunyomi reading) and getting it wrong.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks! I'll look into it, let you know what I find out.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Alright, should be fixed. You might not come across that particular situation again, but if you do, let me know!
9 years ago
Report Content
shishamo
Level: 52
I had a variant of this problem for the first time in weeks. I have two schedules with exactly the same lessons and settings --- one is enabled for the debugger, and one is not (I use the "fast" one when I have a lot to study, and the "slow" one when I'm trying to be more helpful). As expected, the number of terms left to study are always in sync since they're clones of each other. But, tonight they got out of sync with each other by one term. [url=https://i.imgur.com/6CLIz8m.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/6CLIz8m.png[/img][/url] The schedule numbers are 19987 and 13595. Refreshing the page did not change anything. I've left them as they are in case there's something interesting there. Hopefully this isn't being caused by the settings not being exactly the same, as they're supposed to be.
9 years ago
Report Content
shishamo
JLPT and JLPT (fast) tracked each other exactly today, just as they normally do. But then I had a very odd happening. After finishing all my vocabulary schedules, I did my kanji schedules. After I finished the last kanji schedule, the remaining term count on some of my vocabulary schedules jumped up to 1 (after having been at zero after I finished them). I reloaded the page to see what would happen, and an [b]additional[/b] vocabulary schedule ended up with a phantom remaining term. [url=https://i.imgur.com/54rsoEy.png][img]https://i.imgur.com/54rsoEy.png[/img][/url] This is the first time that I've seen the page correctly show me that everything is complete, but then pop up with remaining terms later.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I had a report from another user a few days ago where the numbers on the finish page were slightly off, but they looked fine elsewhere. If it happens again, first look in the site's nav bar and see if the numbers match up. If you then go to the schedule's summary pages, see if the numbers match up. Could it be that you are learning new kanji that are toggling some of the schedules to enable a term or study vector that previously wasn't enabled?
9 years ago
Report Content
shishamo
[quote author=マイコー link=topic_id=6568&post_id=35671#rmsg_35671 date=1420616695]Could it be that you are learning new kanji that are toggling some of the schedules to enable a term or study vector that previously wasn't enabled?[/quote] That was it. A new kanji enabled a kanji -> definition question for a term that I already knew. Sorry for the false alarm.
9 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
On the contrary, I much prefer bugs that turn out to be nothing!
9 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Kanji schedule 5185, quizzed two terms. Finish page said 1 term left, as did schedule page. Bars showed no terms to study, and flushing fixed it.
9 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 4

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana