Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Ideas for a renshuu mobile app?

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 2 of 2

マイコー
Level: 262

I've thought about React Native before, and it is on my radar, but even that feels like a bit too much. I am the sole..everything with renshuu, and with a lovely baby boy that joined by world in January, time is pretty tight!

7 years ago
Report Content
ジェシー
Level: 104

A native mobile app seems good to have, but as an iOS app developer myself, I can tell you that the effort could consume a lot of your time. Even if you're experienced with Swift, the frameworks, developer tools, etc.

That is of course if you do want to provide a good user experience with offline sync and quizzes, login, and more. I would suggest to improve the web app content, quiz quality, and various other issues that it might have, unless if you do have a lot of free time to focus on the mobile app.

7 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
I think you're right on the money with that. I am not proficient with the mobile frameworks, and to be honest, even as a thought exercise, I'm having a really hard time thinking of how to build offline quizzing through the web interface or app when consider just how much data sits in the database that users need access to (personal historical data aside). The dictionaries themselves are not the smallest, but a lot of the vocab/kanji/etc is stored in a lot of different ways to make it easy for searching/validating/etc. when working with quiz answers.

We'll see what happens!

7 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana