Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - % of N2 grammar points on renshuu?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

m1
Level: 16
I understand that since there's no official lists for the JLPT, this might be not a good question. However, I am planning to take the N2 this year, after somehow passing the N3 in December 2016, and would like to be able to actively study grammar with this site exclusively. I have started to build out my grammar schedule that I will have studied all grammar points from N5 to N2 within the next week and keep raising the mastery levels from there.

Since I've only really used the vocabulary schedules to prepare for the N3 using renshuu, Wanikani for Kanji, plus classes, and books; I'm not sure on how far studying the N2 grammar points with just renshuu will get me. If I master those expressions here, will it give me a high chance of passing the actual JLPT or would I definitely need to add extra resources for practice?
6 years ago
Report Content
brrricane
Level: 611
This doesn’t really answer your question but maybe it will be helpful since I passed the N2 last year. For grammar study, I used the N5-N2 lists on this site as well as the Shin Kanzen Master N2 grammar book, nihongonomori N2/N3 grammar videos (Youtube), and the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar series as a reference for more in depth explanations of points from the other sources. There was obviously a lot of overlap between those and even some seemingly conflicting information in a couple of places.

I would say that not everything is covered (at least by the items that are available to be studied in a schedule) but it’s probably enough that you’d be okay on the test. You might want a more thorough explanation than what is available here but the practice from a schedule definitely helps.
6 years ago
Report Content
m1
Level: 16
This doesn’t really answer your question but maybe it will be helpful since I passed the N2 last year. For grammar study, I used the N5-N2 lists on this site as well as the Shin Kanzen Master N2 grammar book, nihongonomori N2/N3 grammar videos (Youtube), and the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar series as a reference for more in depth explanations of points from the other sources. There was obviously a lot of overlap between those and even some seemingly conflicting information in a couple of places.

I would say that not everything is covered (at least by the items that are available to be studied in a schedule) but it’s probably enough that you’d be okay on the test. You might want a more thorough explanation than what is available here but the practice from a schedule definitely helps.
6 years ago
Report Content
brrricane
Level: 611
Thanks. That sounds like a good plan. I think what was key to me passing was timing myself on individual sample reading questions and practicing answering them in a similar amount of time to what you would have on the test. The hardest part is probably just the amount of text you have to read if you’re not already a fairly quick reader.

I’m not planning on taking the N1 this year but when I feel like I’m at a high enough level I will. I spent a lot of time studying for the test last year and now I’m trying to spend more time on other things Japanese.
6 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana