Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Bug bounty (free renshuu pro) - kanji marked as unknown when really known

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 3 of 3

espiacent
Level: 759

Okay, had an almost similar case (new terms). Leaving and restarting works.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256

So, just to confirm: you opened the schedule, had a new term with greyed out (incorrect kanji). Without interacting with that term in any way, you left, restarted the schedule, and it appeared fixed?

4 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Level: 759

Yes, the first term to be quizzed had a wrongly geyed kanji. I did nothing and clicked on the renshuu sign in the upper left corner and then, from the dashboard, started the schedule again. That fixed it. I didn't reload the page or anything.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

If it happens again inside of the quiz (not the intro page), please hit the Problem? button and send a report!

If it happens on the intro page, repeat the actions you did. If it still stays gray, proceed to the first question, then before answering anything, send a report.

You haven't been around long enough to know just how resilient this bug is - although it is extremely rare, it's been here and there for probably 6-7 years :(

4 years ago
Report Content
Jessica_Ilha
Level: 66

Yes, the first term to be quizzed had a wrongly geyed kanji. I did nothing and clicked on the renshuu sign in the upper left corner and then, from the dashboard, started the schedule again. That fixed it. I didn't reload the page or anything.

I just happened to do the same thing. Opened a new test, five words: . All the kanji were grayed out, but I knew that I've studied at least before, so I did the same thing as espiacent did.

Then suddenly, all the kanji that I was supposed to know (all but and ) were painted black.

Would gladly show prints but I'm currently using my work's PC and I can't upload images sneakily, need to get the approval from the IT section first (don't ask about it, it's complicated).

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Jessica - quick question. The kanji ...was this something you studied for the first time within the last day or so, or was it some time ago?

4 years ago
Report Content
Jessica_Ilha
Level: 66

Jessica - quick question. The kanji ...was this something you studied for the first time within the last day or so, or was it some time ago?

I studied it a really long time ago, since I stayed away from the site for a couple of years. Haven't seen it on a test for a while, too, since I've got too much kanji to catch up right now.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Welcome back, and thanks! That'll help me dig into it.

4 years ago
Report Content
mysticfive
Level: 1574

found one during a grammar quiz - even after I answered the question, it was still showing grey, and when I checked the dictionary, both み were greyed out as well...

grrsmmq4sumwa2vd7prg6rw5q.jpgr68o8vs24dshakyzndxwzawhw.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Readings in vocab and known readings in kanji are not explicitly tied together. I tried it once, it was a bit of a mess.

Will look into the kanji thing soon!

4 years ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1685

Getting this one every day. All readings marked as known.

ezunex8wp62av7g73eyd0yosf.pnga4vvxbuk05opvr2w8pr6os6ug.png
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana