Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Welcome to renshuu 3.1 - Kao Edition

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

マイコー
Level: 256
w5dx0k2eifvmy4yo5v88zojm6.png

Welcome to the newest version of renshuu! We've got a lot that we think you'll really enjoy.

Daily Challenges and Kao Manga
4zvrvmo05rzahcai3s66ahom6.png

You've probably noticed the updated dashboard when you log into the site. We've got a whole bunch of daily challenges to help motivate you in your journey to better Japanese. As you complete challenges, you'll get points to unlock pages in your original storybook manga. The first edition is ready for you now: learn about the origins of our mascot, Kao-chan! If you don't think she's cute, we...don't know what to say.

Kao coins

hqtgc6sgjiea57mp5ew8c7rqf.png

We've added a collectible system into our quizzing to reward you each time you finish a quiz on the site! After finishing a quiz, just click on the circle to reveal your coin! We've got dozens of coins available, with new ones every month and limited edition series also being introduced!

A slimmer, more responsive site

The new renshuu is faster, more streamlined, and works for any sized device that you have.

Night mode

ev0quuqqkuz0ugr8wyrmwgsuc.png

Feel like a version of the site that's better at night or in dark places? Jump into Visuals in the Settings panel to turn it on.

renshuu pro - graphs, graphs, graphs!
7yid3kcvk3kknhkbouezdjs6q.png

If you jump over to your Stats page on the dashboard, we've got beautiful graphs available with just one click for the majority of your studying data!

renshuu pro - schedule crosswords for vocabulary

vwdu3w80uof7t7yj708kmcsi7.png

Unlimited, personal crossword puzzles are now made for all* of your vocabulary mastery schedules! Enjoy online or download to go - study only what you need.
(*puzzles are not made if the schedules are too small in size)

In addition to all this, there have been hundreds of improvements to the visuals as well as the back-end of the site. We hope you enjoy the new renshuu!
6 years ago
Report Content
GodlyDan
Level: 1
マイコー は 07 7, 7:04に
Night mode

ev0quuqqkuz0ugr8wyrmwgsuc.png

Feel like a version of the site that's better at night or in dark places? Jump into Visuals in the Settings panel to turn it on.

Now this is something I really appreciate, this was the last site I needed to have dark mode available in order to go full night vision, heh. Thanks a lot! I also thought Kao-chan was a guy all along so I guess we learn a new thing every day.
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Haha - Kao-chan is pretty gender neutral, but we did do one comic where Kao had tan lines from a swimsuit. I think Kao-chan being Kao-chan, he/she can be whatever you want Kao to be!
6 years ago
Report Content
daveraiburr
Level: 3
Thanks for the updates! 
Unfortunately I'd like to notice (may be this is just my thing) that new version of tests results looks like I launch the mobile version of the site on desktop. Everything is too big and wide... I really liked the more compact version, like it was earlier. 
But nevertheless, thank you for all you've done!pdhu6vtqp62vsodd5je0zpcdj.png
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
That definitely looks like a mistake. Either that, or the threshold for switching to mobile view is too high. Can you, with the same sized window, go here and tell me what it says for you?

http://howbigismybrowser.com/
6 years ago
Report Content
daveraiburr
It's  1114 x 927.
I've been using this site with the same size about half of a year, but this problem occurs only now, after update (
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks. Sorry, I should have asked this before, but what browser are you using?

Also - does it appear like this on other pages, within the quiz, etc, or just this one?

PS: I made some small changes so the finish page collapses down at a more reasonable width. Maybe this will help?
6 years ago
Report Content
daveraiburr
I'm using Chrome. 
Yeah, it looks like the site turns to mobile version on every page.

So I changed the window size to 1125x927 and everything is okay now. It seems that your site is considering smaller sizes as mobile, isn't it?  
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Well, it doesn't consider anything "mobile" exactly - most pages have several levels of "degradation" where they simplify due to the width of the screen. 

While some of the pages adjust extremely well, others could still use some work. I'll tweak the nav bar a bit.
6 years ago
Report Content
daveraiburr
Now it works perfectly!
I know that was a tiny problem, but still you've solved it at my request. Many thanks to you for this!
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Let me know if you notice anything else! It's a one-person show over here, and so it's hard to test out most screen sizes for every page. 
6 years ago
Report Content
RiaJu
Level: 5
I'm impressed with the update so far!  マイコー, yr diligence and responsiveness is a big reason why I recommend Renshuu.org to other learners. :)
6 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Thanks!
6 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana