Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Sentence parser problems

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 3 of 8

htatsuha
Level: 1147
And another one: isn't recognized by the parser as a word, despite there being a dictionary entry for it (by default it gets parsed as ()()()). I tried rewriting the sentence with おおざっぱ in kana, but now the parser just hangs for that sentence and won't finish loading at all. And, this is just a pet peeve of mine, but this was for a private sentence, which means I wrote the sentence via the dictionary entry or a quiz box for that term. I feel like at least in that situation, the parser should assume the word you're writing the private sentence for...is in the sentence. It would be nice if the parser could prioritize a parsing of the sentence that includes the word the sentence will be attached to, even if that means parsing the sentence differently than it would in another section of the site.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
I...think (hope!) that all the issues in the last two posts have been resolved.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
The ones in the last two have been fixed, thanks! That just leaves the issue in the one before that, where /もらう appears as the first entry in the dropdown for ()いたしました, when /いたす should be the default.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Just tried to add a private sentence for ペンチ and got an error popup. The sentence appears in my private sentences and in the sentences for ペンチ, but if I try to bind the vocab in the My Sentences section the parser hangs, and I get the error message again if I try to do it from the dictionary.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I think the いたす issue should be fixed.

Not sure if the ペンチ one was covered, but probably. If it happens again, let me know.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
They're both fixed, thanks!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
After reparsing a sentence with the phrase だといました from the default parsing of ()(だと)(いました) to ()(だ)(と)(いました), the default suggestion in the dropdown for だ is のだ, not だ or です.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
The type-of-speech on that のだ was mismarked, fixed it.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Thanks!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
A few more:

スケートボードができる by default is parsed as (スケートボード)(ができる), with ができる listed as meaning to lie down (in bed). Also, after reparsing it as (スケートボード)(が)(できる), the default suggestion for できる is る.

For a sentence with the phrase です, the default suggestion for です is ; です the copula is the last option on the dropdown list.

For a sentence with the phrase きだけ, the default suggestion for だけ is the stem of く.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
How about now?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
The きだけ parsing issue is fixed. There are still problems with the other two.

スケートボードができる: Even though the particle in the sentence I submitted is が, now the parser is showing the sentence as containing は. る still shows as the default suggestion for できる.

です: The default suggestion for です has changed from to だ.

*Edit* A new issue: For a sentence with えた, there are two identical entries in the dropdown for える, despite there only being one dictionary entry with those kanji.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
#1 and #3 should be resolved.

#2 isn't exactly wrong - だ is the base form of です.

I cannot think of a good rule to get this to work without causing issues for other terms. Asking it to prefer terms that have not been conjugated over ones that have will cause incorrect answers,
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
The particle is showing correctly now, but still seeing る as the default recommendation for できる, and still seeing two entries for える in the dropdown for える.

I guess I don't really get what the issue with だ/です is. In the dictionary, they have separate entries with completely different definitions, and there aren't any conjugation tables for them. I was going off the idea that if your sentence has です, then the dictionary entry for です should be suggested, and the same for だ. I realize that they are variations of the same word, but currently the dictionary doesn't treat them that way.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I think there was a bug in the code I implemented - check now!

Edit: oh, and if you still have problems, please provide the full sentence that you are inputting to recreate the error. Thanks!
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
The issue with える is fixed, but the できる issue remains. The exact sentence is でもスケートボードができる。
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorry! Which word are you adding that sentence to?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
It's not a private sentence, it was a sentence I made for the grammar library entry でも 2 of 3 Even A.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
*crosses fingers* try now?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Fixed! And here's a new one: the default suggestion for お is お(ごしゅ), not お(おさけ). Also, the version of お(おさけ) listed in the dropdown matches an entry with no example sentences; the other entry for お(おさけ) which has example sentences is not an option. Perhaps the two お(おさけ) entries could be merged?
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 8

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana