Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Assistance required please

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

ive been studying on and off for about 5 years i literally dont know where i should start in regards to kanji ive mastered hiragana and katakana and memorized over 800 words. 
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
If you are studying from a textbook, I would recommend using that as a base for beginning. Similarly, the JLPT tests provide decent vocabulary and kanji lists.

The way the site works is that it will quickly take note of words that you have already picked up (the 800 words) and will start to show those more and more rarely.

I would recommend going to Help > Getting Started for an assistant that gets you started with your first study schedule. However, if you already went there and didn't find exactly what you were looking for, there is a huge number of lessons available in the Learn > Study Library.

If you are not using a textbook or aiming for a proficiency test, let me know what your goal is, and I can recommend some materials on the site.
5 years ago
Report Content
Thank you so much i currently do not have a text book studying from just games anime this site and numerous apps. On this site i just start a lesson and write any new words i find on a flashcard granted they have the hiragana translation of-course. I want to become 100% proficient, i want to learn kanji right now i can only read hiragana.  
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
I see! Well, if you want to work with materials that were originally built around kanji, I'd suggest the kanji kentei materials available in the study library. 

The Kanji Kentei is a proficiency test used by native speakers here in Japan. It's cool because the 12 or so levels of the test correspond with grade at which the Japanese learn them in school. So level 10 (the easiest) is learned by 1st years in elementary school, level 9 for 2nd year students, etc.

In the site, if you study the kanji lessons, you can focus on the individual kanji. There are also vocabulary lessons, though, that only use the kanji that you know for that level.

Give them a try!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana