Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Recommendations for a Japanese Android keyboard?

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

htatsuha
Level: 1144
I've been using Google Japanese Input for Android, and it's generally fine, but I've noticed on several occasions that it lacks certain kanji conversions that aren't that uncommon. For example, I was working on an N1 kanji crossword and was unable to input the kanji for , because the only conversions it would give that were close to correct were うたた and ね. Anyone know any decent keyboards for Android that have more conversions? I need one that has a QWERTY/Romaji layout. Or if anyone knows a way to expand the conversions available for Google Japanese Input, that would be great too!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
Have you tried  Samsung's? I don't know if you can download it for other phones, but it's right there at the top  . Not without the kana, but close enough?
Samsung's keyboard is quite decent, except for a major flaw, it allows 4 languages max only. What am I supposed to do to be allowed to use their product? Stop talking to my wife? To my family? Stop working? Stop studying Japanese? Stop studying Greek? Move to another country?
(Choose 2 of the above!)
I mentioned to Samsung it was a problem, I got a response: I'm wrong.
Oh, OK, then...
Before Samsung I had a very cheap ASUS, the keyboard was just perfect. I didn't check it for fancy Japanese words, and unfortunately you need one of their cheap phones to get that. I would assume that Japanese phones handle this better than the others?
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1144
I don't think Samsung's keyboard is an option on my phone. I know when I first looked into Japanese keyboards, there were some reviews I found of ones meant for native Japanese speakers. I think they were well reviewed, but from what I remember, they tend to not have a full QWERTY layout, just the 12 key style with swipe gestures, which I hate. I guess eventually I'll get around to researching other options more, there's gotta be something out there.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 会話 / General discussion > Anything Goes

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana