Karlla
Level: 892
I don't think these are adjectives.
n88nmwhp5y7ih7jwniovdc6m5.jpg8gat6rqfyr3hj6omsoufs88ha.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1147
I just noticed what is probably an unintended side effect of merging terms. Before the different entries for were merged, each entry was a term in a different schedule of mine. After merging, the term was only in one of my schedules, instead of the new merged entry appearing in all the schedules the separate entries were in. I had to remove and readd the lessons for the schedule to get the term back. It'll be a pain if users have to reload lessons in their schedules every time the dictionary gets updated in order to keep their schedules the same. And it makes me wonder the effect on individually added terms. If I had the entry for a term that got merged into another one in a schedule but not as part of a terms list, would it just disappear from the schedule too? In that case it wouldn't be as easy to readd as it wasn't part of a terms list.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
That..should not have happened. The way the code is set up is that it not only merges the dictionary entries, but anywhere else the term exists. It even blends mastery levels if the user has studied both versions of the same term (rare, but it happens).
Upon looking at the code, I do see a case where the words can drop out, so let me fix that for future merges. Thanks for pointing it out!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
@Karlla - fixed the markings!
5 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 877
Not sure if this is the same issue, but a large number of words in the dictionary are listed multiple times because they're written in both hiragana and katakana, or in different combinations of hiragana/katakana/kanji. It mostly seems to come up in native words that are commonly written in katakana or are a combination of katakana and kanji (e.g. ローマ); almost any given animal or onomatopoeia has at least one redundant dictionary entry written with different kana, and many foods do as well (, テンプラ, ラーメン, とうもろこし).

In these two examples, only one version of the word has the sound byte even though both entries have the same reading:
0epqcgr2izubsvhcfd02vzpbw.pngz2omfz8rjgwz6kxynrd2oip6j.png
And this one seems to have an identical dictionary entry for every possible combination of hiragana, katakana, and kanji:
spwn284rz84my4gy6wnhisy5x.png
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
This is intentional as far as this is how they are separated up in the original dictionary that they were taken out of. Because they are identified as separate entries in there, blending them on renshuu's side would cause them to pop up again as new entries the next time I do a merge/import.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Not a doubled term, but an error in the labelling.
I also sent an in quiz report, because it affected a quiz result.
As you can see the upper term has a wrong label. Below I put the corresponding verb for comparison.
upc7n7jj7886ukxkxqxrgpem8.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I will, of course, fix this!
In the future, if you look up the term in the dictionary, there is a report mistake button in the ... icon menu to the right :). Probably easier!
4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
I found a word that's doubled in my term lists but not the dictionary. Maybe it was two separate terms previously that were combined?
This is how る appears in the dictionary:
f3r6nhzxi8coxigiwd5yyrou5.png

Which seems to be the same as the term that shows in My Words:
kfsyw2s4ub6w7eth2ke6s7jf5.pngBut in my schedules, the term appears like this, with a different definition and mastery level but the same picture, soundbyte, and sentences:
vvocgzzaxrc58u7modeazare8.png

Interestingly, editting the definition and picking "reset to original" gives it the definition that's in the dictionary, but it doesn't stick. Twice now I've manually changed the definition on that term to the dictionary definition, and it seems to keep reverting to "to turn down ; to reject; to jilt" when it shows up in quizzes.
4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I will, of course, fix this!
In the future, if you look up the term in the dictionary, there is a report mistake button in the ... icon menu to the right :). Probably easier!
(I tend to forget that) I know that report mistake button, but didn't know I could change the speech type there. Lol. Learned something new.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I found a word that's doubled in my term lists but not the dictionary. Maybe it was two separate terms previously that were combined?
This is how る appears in the dictionary:
f3r6nhzxi8coxigiwd5yyrou5.png

Which seems to be the same as the term that shows in My Words:
kfsyw2s4ub6w7eth2ke6s7jf5.png
But in my schedules, the term appears like this, with a different definition and mastery level but the same picture, soundbyte, and sentences:
vvocgzzaxrc58u7modeazare8.png

Interestingly, editting the definition and picking "reset to original" gives it the definition that's in the dictionary, but it doesn't stick. Twice now I've manually changed the definition on that term to the dictionary definition, and it seems to keep reverting to "to turn down ; to reject; to jilt" when it shows up in quizzes.
What is that schedule composed of? It's possible it sucked up a custom definition from the original list, and that sucker is sticking around.
4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
What is that schedule composed of? It's possible it sucked up a custom definition from the original list, and that sucker is sticking around.
It's in 3 schedules, but only one of them seems to be stuck on the different definition. I went through the lessons in it and it looks like "Genki II (main lessons): Chapter 21" is the source.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Yea, the genki texts definitely have custom definitions attached to them. Right now, there is not exactly an ideal way to deal with these extreme edge cases.
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

There are two entries for ~/~はい, the only difference being that one is listed as "noun, suffix", and the other just as "suffix".

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Fixed this!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Spelling wierdness?

After correction, I suppose, it merges with the other entry for あぶみこつ.

tg76zumyg032zxbgsdnxe2det.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

There are two entries for with almost the same definition:

8fqsbpaasynag4ipy3dujgjdq.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Fixed both!

4 years ago
Report Content
akikaze
Level: 100

has two similar entries.

xn2mdcvv0osgb4gviq8h50yr7.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 16

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana