Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Words doubled in the dictionary

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Page: 1 of 16

Nicolas2
Level: 31
なるべく is twice in the dictionary.  Once N4 with all the examples and the indication of the rare kanji forms, once N2 with no example, no kanji form
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
Fixed!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Thete's also 2 copies of , and then そしき... Er, the one my keyboard doesn't like, is not indicated as an alternate of the one with the example sentences.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Only one now. 

At this point, I'm not manually linking any other terms together that were not linked in the original edict dictionary, although I'll have a way to do that in the future.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1144
Two copies of 退する, one marked N4, and one that actually has example sentences.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
And 3 of とくべつ
63cxvyfxhm85jjk8fikf4ohzo.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed!
5 years ago
Report Content
じゅうり
Level: 1685
Four entries for ほうがいい:
h5nvsmscsjj3vgc2fm4pbnqez.png
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I think this is from when the site imported all those weird entries that mixed よい and いい. Anyway, fixed!
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
Level: 110
かるた has a duplicate, furthermore the definition is lacking compared to the one given by jisho, since doesn't mention "traditional Japanese playing cards", so it should be both merged and updated
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Fixed!
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
This is a weird one, I don't know if it has more to do with duplicate or the dictionary not giving the correct results.
This is what a search of はさみ returns:

5dufr3yb8ciqm8j2rf34x7nuh.png

Already we can see a duplicate, but if not I try to search it like this :

wbq8ibygw3fu64gmgmifgq6ja.png
a new hidden term appear! :D
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
Following the logic from the finding above, the problem probably apply to most other duplicate we previously erroneously thought where fixed.
An example,the first entry on the topic, なるべく, give this:

y08efakjc6e8t6rek3athf3v8.png
But if you search it as く, you get this:

mi7mh2qmtk5aceatcqournayz.png
As you can see the definitions are different, and one I have learned while the other haven't.
This could be a sneaky problem, given they don't both appear at the same time, furthemore if you had them both learned and they had the same definition, trough the dictionary you wouldn't even realize you have 2 different entries.

My trick for finding these is to go to jisho.org, copy the entry under "Other forms" and paste it in this dictionary, it brings up the hidden guys. Though probably the one listed in here under the term itself as "Alternate Kanji" is all you need to find them all.

I leave to you guys the re-check of all the entries in this topic though xD
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I don't see any major issue here -

1. For はさみ, it is working exactly as expected. If you search はさみ, you get two terms with that, and since they are part of the same base, you get the second one listed as an alternate kanji. There is a duplicate at the bottom that I'll take care of, but if you search on the kanji term, it is not going to pull up terms that don't fit that kanji (which is why you only get one はさみ back).

2. Same thing. Slightly different definitions, but you can always make a recommendation to bring the "weaker" of the two definitions up to the level of the other one :). Again, if you search on kanji, it is not going to pick up any terms that don't have that kanji in them.
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
I see, I was under the impression this wasn't wanted behaviour because on jisho writing both or はさみ would call forth the same n3 single entry, and it will have a note at the bottom mentioning the alternative writing (as renshuu's はさみ already does as well with "Alternate Kanji"), but the vocab substance would be the same, and thus only one entry would be needed.
If this is intended, then nevermind :)
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
Crazy idea, but since we're on the subject: would be possible to have a single entry for はさみ (with the mention to Alternate Kanji) in jisho fashion, but with the ability for the user while adding はさみ to one of his schedules to choose on which "Alternate Kanji" to be quizzed on?
So let's say, I might add はさみ to my schedule, choose to be quizzed on alternative writing, but this would be decoupled from the dictionary itself, the dictionary would still have a single entry for はさみ and link my quizzed to it, therefore I would also get all the sentences that はさみ has for /はさみ .
I don't know how complex/crazy of a thing would be to implement this change, might be that the complexity completely outweight the benefits, so my apology if I'm talking madness ^_^'
Just throwing a random idea
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Complex, unfortunately. I can think about it the next site revision (after this beta is over), but I can't make any promises!
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
j7fqbcoa6juxzv72pfz8n003c.png
found this two, they are a bit in the same fasion of はさみ above though, so I'm not sure if I should be reporting them
5 years ago
Report Content
|マルコ|
 is duplicated :)
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 16

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana