Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [FINISHED] Summer 2019 - Chance for easy, free renshuu pro!

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Page: 2 of 2

htatsuha
Level: 1144
Another image display issue. Many of the images used have a transparent backround, and therefore become nearly invisible in dark mode if the main color is dark; I assume light colored images with transparent backrounds are also an issue in normal mode. 
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
I assume light colored images with transparent backrounds are also an issue in normal mode. 

Yes.
5 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
Level: 1144
Another nitpick: if you type a different search term to find an image and press enter, the site redirects to the dashboard instead of running the new search.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 256
I somehow missed these issues - I will address them soon!

Also, the next batch of free renshuu pro just went out! Over 150 days awarded this week! Keep it up!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
@htatsuha - what browser are you using to get the Enter button to do that? Can you give me a full set of steps for recreating the issue?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
A few notes about the pictures:
-on a phone screen, they're a bit too small to really serve their purpose, as you often have to tap on them to see the bigger version to understand what they are.
-in many cases I can't find a good illustration, despite the fact that there should be one.
-Somehow, I can only see 100 images from Google (10x10) even though it says there are 20 pages.
Also, I was thinking:
-in many cases, the Kao coins would be a better illustrations. There are about 150 of them that could illustrate as many worda.
-The Wikimedia pictures maybe could also be used, if you can indicate, under each of them (when displaying the bigger size, "from Wikimedia", which can be clicked to display the full notice of each picture?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
This has been repeatedly answered, so I should probably add a FAQ :) - the site filters google results against photos that are marked with the appropriate copyright levels (as in, they can be used legally by renshuu.org), which is why a lot of good pictures don't show up.
- Kao coins are a secret! hehe - we cannot throw them up for terms.
- Wikimedia does come in through the google results. I actually coded a way to talk to wikimedia directly, but the results were not as good as the google ones (so the toggle is currently disabled)
- Not sure what to do about the size! Although a much more reasonable size is given in the introduction module, which was one of the main reasons for gathering the pictures in the first place :)
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Another great week, with over 100 days of free pro going out to a whole bunch of users!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
- Wikimedia does come in through the google results. 
OK, I assumed they didn't because I went through the whole N2 looking for relevant illustrations, and I found fewer than expected in the 100 results offered by Google, in many case I didn't find one where I'm pretty sure there was one on Wikimedia. But maybe I should have changed the search word for the Wikipedia article title containing what I  hoped to find. And now that I think about it, it worked the couple times I did just that.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
350 days of renshuu pro given out this week! We have an amazing week with tons of photos for vocabulary.

My personal favorites were the entries for ろ. Check them out in the dictionary!

Just two more weeks to go!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Gave out over two years of free renshuu pro this week! Thanks for all the pictures, and we've got just one more week to go!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Just under another 2 years of renshuu pro was given out this week!

This promotion has gone so well that I'm extending it for the rest of September! We've got over 8,000 pictures so far, let's see what we can do in another month!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Effective tomorrow, Sunday, I'll be sending out messages to all users who submit more than 10 images for that week. Included in that will be the percentage of images rated as valid by the renshuu staff, me. I'm seeing a huge influx of images that have nothing or almost nothing to do with the term in question. If a user gets under 70 percent, they'll be warned, with tips for improvement. If it remains under 70 the following week, they will not be able to add images for a defined period. This is to decrease in the time I spend marking down images that are clearly invalid.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
About 150 days of renshuu pro were given out this week! Unfortunately, I have a bit of a backlog, so there are still a number of images that have not yet been validated. Those will be done soon, and included in the next batch of bonuses!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
More pro was given out a week ago (no post here) and just now! We have one more week of this promotion!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I just sent out the last batch of renshuu pro bonuses, and with that, this promotion has come to an end! Thanks to everyone who helped grow our image and mnemonic library!
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana