Another image display issue. Many of the images used have a transparent backround, and therefore become nearly invisible in dark mode if the main color is dark; I assume light colored images with transparent backrounds are also an issue in normal mode.
A few notes about the pictures: -on a phone screen, they're a bit too small to really serve their purpose, as you often have to tap on them to see the bigger version to understand what they are. -in many cases I can't find a good illustration, despite the fact that there should be one. -Somehow, I can only see 100 images from Google (10x10) even though it says there are 20 pages. Also, I was thinking: -in many cases, the Kao coins would be a better illustrations. There are about 150 of them that could illustrate as many worda. -The Wikimedia pictures maybe could also be used, if you can indicate, under each of them (when displaying the bigger size, "from Wikimedia", which can be clicked to display the full notice of each picture?
This has been repeatedly answered, so I should probably add a FAQ :) - the site filters google results against photos that are marked with the appropriate copyright levels (as in, they can be used legally by renshuu.org), which is why a lot of good pictures don't show up. - Kao coins are a secret! hehe - we cannot throw them up for terms. - Wikimedia does come in through the google results. I actually coded a way to talk to wikimedia directly, but the results were not as good as the google ones (so the toggle is currently disabled) - Not sure what to do about the size! Although a much more reasonable size is given in the introduction module, which was one of the main reasons for gathering the pictures in the first place :)
. - Wikimedia does come in through the google results.
OK, I assumed they didn't because I went through the whole N2 looking for relevant illustrations, and I found fewer than expected in the 100 results offered by Google, in many case I didn't find one where I'm pretty sure there was one on Wikimedia. But maybe I should have changed the search word for the Wikipedia article title containing what I hoped to find. And now that I think about it, it worked the couple times I did just that.