Page: 3 of 5

Karlla
Level: 892
椿
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Well nuts, the last attempt at a fix actually undid some of the other ones. No need to report any new ones until Iget everything on my plate fixed.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Good news, think I'm down to just a few at the moment:
- not yet
- not yet
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
All fixed!!!
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
You Sure about that? Things like さんずい and にんべん don't work. is missing a stroke, and several others are also incomplete. 
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Ok, so Isee what happened. In fixing everything else, Ifixed another issue with my original list of pieces for kanji. After fixing this, some of the mnemonics will have to be updated slightly to use the new, correct pieces. (For example, on , it originally had つ as a piece, then ツ, and now it'll correctly display the⺍ piece.

Once this is done, I'll help going through the ones that have issues due to this piece mismatch.

Edit: also not sure why >I< is getting stuck next to other words.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
OK!

I've fiddled with it a lot. I think all terms that

a) Have pieces mentioned in their mnemonic
and
b) All pieces mentioned are listed in the boxes in the editor

have colors now. There are many, though, which have user-entered pieces, and these will have to be marked up using a manual tool that Ihave not yet made. So, if you have any mnemonics which follow the above rules and are not appearing correctly, let me know!

Speaking of the tool, I'm trying to think of the best way to create it. So, if there is a piece that isn't recognized, it could do one of the following:
1) List all stroke numbers, and the users chooses them by clicking the numbers (this would be the most compact). It would almost instantly highlight the strokes in the image, so you could easily tell what you are doing.
2)List all the strokes (just like the stroke diagram in the dictionary). This would take up much more space, and would be much harder on mobile, but it would be clearer what strokes you are entering.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I just updated one of my mnemonics (). As it contains something that is not listed in the editor, it is not coloured. But why is it shown as a brain now?
ixnp30csd2bydti3ddk2mrgr0.jpg
In the mnemonics for and I used a part that is not listed. But since I have made it a habit of additionally breaking that part down, they technically include all the necessary parts from the editor. And as the compound part is overwritten anyway, as in , or , I can't help wonder, why the system cannot recognise them after all?

Everything else seems to be working fine for me now.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
The brain should pop up if it cannot fulfill all requirements. When this tool is finished, though, it will alert you before saving that you need to do extra, and give you a chance to do things then.

In regards to the rest, let's use this example:
This kindling fire burns vividly and makes as much noise as clashing halberds .

It is true that you have broken it down, but there is nothing in the system to say "any time you see and , you should assume it is being put together to make. That might be obvious to us, but Iwould need to explicitly make pairings from the components to the whole, and then each time that was done, we'd have to hope that those are not used in a different combination/arrangement in other kanji. It feels too much like "let's write exceptions each time it comes up", instead of building a system that handles everything more gracefully.

Iwill probably also add an option that says "just don't color ones that are not found", so in the case of the example Igave, it would just ignore the "missing"one, color the rest, and save it like that. In your case, that would be very effective, but I'll still need a way out for other people, or for people who are choosing to forgo the available parts to just make something new out of scratch (which I've seen in a number of mnemonics, especially when they choose the strokes to visually represent something).

We'll see how quickly/slowly work goes on this new part, and then we can test it out and see if it is convenient enough.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Update: the manual tool is coming along really well, but will not finish it until tomorrow. I'm worried about how it'll fit on a mobile screen, but the functionality is coming in exactly as it needs to be.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It's up! Hopefully it is self explanatory. It feels a bit rickety at the moment, so some bugs might pop up, but Ihaven't been able to find any yet!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Look at the one for ! Ithink it's pretty cool how it was build without having any pieces listed for use.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Interestingly, when I hit the edit button, the colours in the text and in the kanji match. But when I hit save, the text colours are different from the kanji colours. ()
And I have a problem editing . On my edit page, the entire right part has the same colour as . Now I want to separate , but the editor only allows me to edit the compound part. How can I get around that?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
2. Looks like a data error on that one. Let me look at it more. It should not be something you have to do.
1. Hmm...fixed it - Ibelieve.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
looks fine now. Thanks.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Yea, #1 is going to be a pain to fix, but I'm sure I can get to it somehow. Basically, the data file says "hey, so we have . The 5th stroke? Yea, that is part of . Let me just list all those as well.

So, in a top-down sense, is "part" of , so all of its strokes are getting added to it. I'll see what I can do, as i imagine it affects a lot of kanji in this family.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Basically there are only 5 kanji using that particular compound. As far as I can tell, all the other 4 kanji had no problem.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Well, if it's just one, I can write in an exception.

I just Edit > Saved that one, without changing anything. How does it look now? Or do you think the long stroke should be taken out?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I like it better if the long stroke is with .
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Done!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 5

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana