Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Mnemonics - visual upgrades

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 4 of 5

Karlla
Level: 892
Looke good. Thak you.

There seems to be a problem, that ごんべん is not recognised automatically (any more).
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Which characters are exhibiting the problem?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
When I hit edit for any of my mnemonics that includes ごんべん the colouring for that part disappears. I tried writing a mnemnic for and the ごんべん wouldn't take any colour. Upon saving I was asked to add the strokes for that part manually. (didn't finish it because my phone had a problem)
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I just made a small change. I checked 6-7 of your ones that include that radical, and they didn't seem to have problems anymore.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I just wrote a mnemonic for and the colours came out reversed.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Bugs seem to be getting smaller and smaller, which is a good sign!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Also added a link for a how-to for making "good“ mnemonics.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
There seems to be a visualizing problem for all the kanji starting from .
hub8jj4xfj7uig55q28jbgfbi.jpg
And this is the problem.
mz5ebxq4fc87zgk7axmj4jdux.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I entered "dragon" into the kanji search and the following kanji had the same error as indicated above.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I haven't taught the site to handle this. These super-rare characters do not have the stroke data like the other ones do, which is also where the parts data comes from that forms the blocks in the editor. My initial feelings is just to remove the mnemonic ability altogether, especially for the ones marked with no definition. If I leave it in with the ones with definitions, there will be no blocks other than the radical, so everything will have to be manually selected.

What do you think?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
If they don't have a definition, it's useless writing a mnemonic anyway.
If kanji are so super rare that they don't even appear in kanji kentei, there'll be hardly any person here who'd study them, I suppose. Hence no need for mnemonics either.

Unrelated question:
Is there any logic in how my mnemonics are listed in the writing section? I was surprised yesterday when my latest mnemonics didn't show at the end of the list. I found them later somewhere in else, though.
A way to sort the list manually (as is available in some areas) would be nice, too. I'd rather have my newest creations show at the top of the list.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'll get that sorting added soon!
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Ok, so add mnemonic button doesn't appear anymore if there is no definition.
Additionally, if there is a definition, but no stroke order/part information, it lets you build it, but warns you about it, and does not attempt to make a colored version.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Sorting is now available.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I'm almost done with a mini feature. All colored mnemonics will have this export function available:

With the users' permissions, I'll also use them on the dashboard (if they want a mnemonic of the day), and on renshuu's social media to help drum up interest.

Thoughts on the layout? Think I should also add a "made by ________ at" above the renshuu logo?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
That's a lovely idea^^
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I have a tiny colour problem with the following kanji.
ss4ebddomsfqk2texcfhjmyiz.jpg
I'd like the horizontal stroke to be part of .
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It colors them in order, overwriting anything previously. I hesitate to make it any more complex... For now, is it possible to rewrite it so those two come in reverse order in the sentence?
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
ugh... I'll have to think about that. But why is overwritten as well? As it doesn't share any lines..
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Btw... is it possible that some mnemonics have mysteriously disappeared? I am pretty sure that I have written a mnemonic for , but when I look up the kanji in the dictionary, there's no mnemonic, not even a private one. I even checked my writing section and couldn't find it. It should have been one of my early mnemonics, though.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 4 of 5

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana