Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Mnemonics - visual upgrades

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Page: 5 of 5

マイコー
Level: 256
1. I see it in the database - it was written in German, which might not be appearing if you have English set as default language.
2. I'll keep thinking on a good way of integrating more options for the mnemonics. For now, I inverted behavior - whatever comes first gets priority.
3. This is fixed by #2. Go to your mnemonic, click edit, then resave it.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Added a bit more:

and yours:
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
I like the solution you found for the kanjis where the database didn't find all the bits. I just experimented with , where wasn't available. But as you can see, somehow is missing some bits.
I can confirm that the mnemonics"work" for me. Sometimes I can remember the meaning of a kanji, or distinguish one kanji from a similar-looking, because the mnemonic comes to mind.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
The download feature is now available to everyone! It's a little icon next to the name of the user that made it.

Aligning text is always tricky in images, so let me know if you can find one that has the text (for example, the definition, or the readings) that is more than one line, but does not wrap correctly.

Tag it with @renshuu on twitter or @renshuu_org on instagram if you happen to post them up!
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

I believe someone has made this suggestion before, though it didn't yield a reply. Can we expect to get vocab mnemonics at some point, too?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Can you give me an example of what one would look like to you?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

For example, I always have trouble reading/understanding . But when I can recall that "Barbarian's () peach ()" is the Japanese name for the walnut, it comes back to me. So sometimes I feel like having some mnemonics for kanji compounds like this would be helpful.

Not sure how this could be implemented to the site, but it should look similar to the kanji mnemonics, just with full kanji instead of the parts.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll put it on the to-do list, but I don't think I'll have time for it soon - the android app dev (plus what is left in the beta) is taking up more than all of my time.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Why? ;_;

oh, and the underlines are much thinner now.

t27mugs3itpb63yvdk5nypby5.jpg
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Yes, they are. I am testing a different type of underlining - the previous method allowed thickness, but it would go crazy if the underlined text wrapped over to the next line. The current system does not have the wrap-around problem, but does not allow you to choose the thickness.

Right now, no other features are being considered as I get ready to release beta next week. I'd love to expand mnemonics out in the next version, but we'll have to see how things go! The Covid-19 situation is drastically cutting down on the time I am able to devote to the site.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

PS: I'll get those strings in there into the translation system.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I see. No problem there^^
I didn't even notice there were still strings left. lol.

But what about the issue that I have to choose the strokes even though I already picked a corresponding part from the list above?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Not sure...will look into it when I get a chance! Working on a rewrite of the FAQ for the release next week (exciting..!)

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Found another part that is not working properly

cr5p7p3buhzpwmj6bryc33qg2.jpg

I had to choose the strokes before saving to make it show up. After saving, it looks normal, though. I expected that part to show up twice, but it didn't. Not sure what it's showing, though.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Ok, so it's a limitation, and not a bug. Sometimes, but not always, the radical is part of the pieces (from the kanji database) that is affiliated with a set of strokes. However, when that is not the case, renshuu goes ahead and throws the radical in there because there is a good chance that it'll be useful in forming the mnemonic.

That being said, since there are no strokes associated with it, it needs to be done manually. That was the case with the previous message - I added in the stroke information manually, but it's not something I can do for every kanji that does not have the bushu data present.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 5 of 5

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana