Yay!
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
Since this started, I noticed at least 2 bugs:
only the first quiz of the day starts normally, then I have to reload the page
- I can't quote, in the forum.

But I still have to reload the page to start a quiz, most of the time.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
new little bug:
-during a quiz I couldn't see the other sentences of a word, the view was stuck to the first 3 sentences. But for a word with 6 examples, I could see all 6. So multiple pages are the problem
f0hsf6z4wrjveqnek0dmst2vo.jpgAnother weird thing: I didn't get a notification after reaching a new milestone (4500 words, yesterday). And I think it's the second time it happened. I'll reach another milestone on Tuesday, that will probably confirm the issue.
I used to think these notifications were silly, but reaching milestones is a good reminder that there actually is progress, when it sometimes doesn't feel so.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
So, with regards to the restarting a quiz, can you give me a clear set of steps (what you do, where you click) for reproducing that issue? I haven't been able to do it myself.

With the reibuns, when you say the view was stuck, what do you mean? No link to other pages, or that the page link existed, but did not work?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
So, with regards to the restarting a quiz, can you give me a clear set of steps (what you do, where you click) for reproducing that issue? I haven't been able to do it myself.

With the reibuns, when you say the view was stuck, what do you mean? No link to other pages, or that the page link existed, but did not work?
For example if I make my first test of the day (usually N4 N5, to warm-up), then go to the main page, and from there I get to another schedule to take the quiz, then I get an empty page (or maybe just the header, I think) and I have to reload the page for the quiz to start, starting by asking if I want sound or not.

For the reibuns, as shown on the pic I could change from page 1 to 5, but in fact what was displayed were only the top 3 reibuns, not groups of 10.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Clarification on reibun issue:

If it is only showing three, does it still have the "show more sentences" link that will expand it out to the full 10 on the first page? It is set up to only show 3 so the page doesn't get too big.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Unfortunately, the quizzing example is still too vague.

I need something with this level of detail:
1. From dashboard, I do N4/N5 quiz by clicking Study.
2. I finish the quiz, get to the finish page
3. I click on the dashboard link
4. I click on N3 quiz (Study button)
5. I do not have new terms, so it sends me straight to quiz
6. [error here]

In particular, the sound page is somewhat unique, so I'd like to know if it happens on quizzes without the sound page. What about if there are new terms first? Can you skip step 2? (For example, start the quiz, immediately click to dashboard after first question is loaded)
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Clarification on reibun issue:

If it is only showing three, does it still have the "show more sentences" link that will expand it out to the full 10 on the first page? It is set up to only show 3 so the page doesn't get too big.
It showed the "show more sentences" link, which I tapped, then I could navigate between page 1 and 5, but what was actually displayed was the top 3 reibuns
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Next time it happens, can you try and grab a couple of screenshots of each step?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Unfortunately, the quizzing example is still too vague.

I need something with this level of detail:
In particular, the sound page is somewhat unique, so I'd like to know if it happens on quizzes without the sound page. What about if there are new terms first? Can you skip step 2? (For example, start the quiz, immediately click to dashboard after first question is loaded)
The problem of having to reload the page to start a quiz most of the time also happens with the kanji schedule and the grammar schedule, so it's not related to the sound.
I'm saying most of the time because the problem doesn't always happen. If it's been a few hours since the last test, it seems it doesn't happen. Did you try on Android on a Chrome-like browser? I used to have Firefox but removed it to free up some space.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Next time it happens, can you try and grab a couple of screenshots of each step?
Ok, tomorrow
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I realized, this problem of quizzes not loading is probably a new instance of the overwhelmed browser, with over 100 tabs opened.
a3d3cg7w00tbmpwvutpjb3m46.jpgThis is what I see when I start a quiz, but you can assume it's a browser issue until I close all those tabs. It might be a while until I do.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
It might also be an issue of the browser holding onto too many "back" pages. The way this works is that it holds copies of each page you go to in the site because the speedy mode is "hijacking" the back button of the browser, which would reload the entire page. Let me set a cap on the max number, I bet that'll help. What you are doing is ideal, though, because a huge chunk of the page (navigation, dictionary, plus other stuff) is only getting loaded once instead of dozens if not hundreds of times.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I still haven't cleaned up my browser, but I confirm it happens also without the new font.
Also, the bug of schedules shown as fully studied came back, with a twist: one vocab schedule (tautologicals, the smallest schedule) and the grammar schedule (even smaller, in number of items) were shown correctly.
Edit: I did go to console.re, which didn't mention anything, but I noticed something new. After the 2 schedules displayed normally, I went on to do my M4N5 vocab, and at the end , the only other vocab schedule indicated was tautologicals, as if the others didn't exist at all
Sorry I don't go back to the the proper thread to report this, but searching for old threads is a bit tricky...
Edit: after N4N5, I went on to study the schedule studypad, and at the end, not only the main vocab schedule N3N2 is still not mentioned, but N4N5 which I just did is also not mentioned. As well as the kanji schedule.
I am in speedy mode without the fancy font.
j3cxtqdnovamf2qdzo7tgv2qn.jpgJust to check, I turned off the speedy mode before going to N3N2. There was a difference, it went to the schedule page without problem... And showed I had 0 to learn today, until I reloaded the page.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
It might also be an issue of the browser holding onto too many "back" pages. The way this works is that it holds copies of each page you go to in the site because the speedy mode is "hijacking" the back button of the browser, which would reload the entire page. Let me set a cap on the max number, I bet that'll help. What you are doing is ideal, though, because a huge chunk of the page (navigation, dictionary, plus other stuff) is only getting loaded once instead of dozens if not hundreds of times.
Yes, it did help, the problem is solved. At first (about 3 days ago) the first question loaded then I had to reload the page for the rest of the quiz, now it's all normal.
And while I'm here, there is also the fact that new milestones aren't announced any more: Since the beginning of this mode I reached 4 or 5 milestones (hankos), I think, none was announced like all the previous ones.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 2 of 2

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana