Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - JLPT mock tests

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Nicolas2
Level: 31
So, I decided to finally get JLPT N3 this year (I failed, some years ago).
The Android app "Easy Japanese" offers 4 mock tests for each level N5 to N2, and according to my result on my first attempt, 135/180 (95 needed), I should get it very easily, even if I completely stop making progress until the end of November. I was just a bit surprised that I had few problems with the grammar questions. Most of the grammar items labelled N3 are still at least a bit confusing, on Renshuu, my mastery of the N3 grammar is only 26% so far. I remember that when I tried N3 (was it already 8 years ago?), grammar was already my weakness, and it seemed like they perfectly managed to get all the most confusing questions. So, I don't know how this Mあzii Company makes these mock tests, are they too kind? Are there other mock tests?
Obviously, I just have to keep studying on Renshuu and I'll be fine, but what are your opinions on JLPT mock tests?
5 years ago
Report Content
マル
Level: 1
I've been thinking of taking the N2 exam soon and I was wondering if the tests from previous years available anywhere? I'm using various textbooks with JLPT-style mini tests (Shin Kanzen Master, 2kyuu Mondai Shuu) but they don't feel like enough...
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
Have you tried the mock test from the official jlpt website?
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Hmm, I can't quote, today... Speedy mode issue.

I did the previous official mock test, yes, thanks for the reminder. I understood from another post in this forum they published new ones? I'll check and do it too.
However, from what I remember, the previous mock test was far from being like a complete 140 minute tests,more life only half of that, if not less.
That's why I really liked the idea of the Mあzii tests, they're actually full length tests, with an audio going on for 40 minutes, and as many questions on the first 2 parts as what I'll actually get on December 1st. The only issue is that if those mock tests are actually dumbed-down compared to the real thing, it doesn't help. If it actually corresponds to the level indicated, it's brilliant, as you can take all 4 of them at interval and measure the progression as the exam comes closer.
I remember I have a N2 grammar book with many quizzes. It was always too jard, but now that I'm getting ready for N3, I'll try those quizzes in November and see if I can pass the N3 elements.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
As far as I know, the mock tests on the jlpt website are actually old test. So not dumbed down. But I don't know if they shortened them.
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
I just did the current official sample questions for N3, on https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/...
First, it's only 17 questions in total, a rather small sample. One of the audio questions seems to have a problem, or maybe it's just on my side.
Second, I remembered some questions, so they haven't published any updated test in years (unless I'm missing another sample somewhere else on the site).
Third, this sample is the same level as the Mあzii test I did, so I'll do the other 3 Mあzii tests before JLPT and that should be good enough.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Here https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/... you should be able to find a fairly complete test. I don't know when they updated it last, though.
I remember, I took N3 a long time ago and a few years later I found that test was used as a sample on their website. I don't know how often they renew the actual tests and recycle them into mock tests.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Exams Talk: JLPT, Kanji Kentei

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana