Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - 2019 Kao Coin (Halloween) Contest! Win renshuu pro or some kao-chan key chains!

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Page: 1 of 3

マイコー
Level: 261
We're back this year with the second round of our kao-coin contest!

Content period: 10/1-10/31
Open to
: everyone (even non-members)

As you probably now, all users on the site can collect kao-chan coins as they quiz! While most of them are done by our artist Saki, we've had a number of additions by our users, and we'd like to add some more!

What to do
:
1 - grab the blank template below (1080x1080 in size)
2 - draw any thing, person, animal, or idea that has our mascot kao-chan's face mixed into it.
3 - submit it any of following places: this thread, michael@renshuu.org, renshuu's facebook page, or instagram/twitter with @renshuu kaocoin_2019

Because most people don't know the full list of coins already on the site, new renditions of coins already on the site are also welcome! Any style of drawing is ok!

What you can win!
We'll be choosing twelve winners!
The top five entries will receive both 4 months of renshuu pro and a couple of custom-made kao-chan coin keychains (キーホルダー)! We'll pay to have it shipped anywhere in the world (postal address required). SORRY MOON PEOPLE.
The next five entries will get 4 months of renshuu pro.

We will also send a special, HUGE Halloween keychain to two winners with the best Halloween-themed kao-coins!

Note: by submitting your images to this contest, you agree to have these images used in the kao-coin collection on renshuu.org (available free to all users, will never be sold), and may be used on renshuu's social media to promote this contest or future ones.

We hope you join! Feel free to respond with any questions!

Last year's contest: https://www.renshuu.org/forums/topics/7981/Kao_Coin_Holiday_Contest%21_Win_renshuu_pro_or_real_kao_coin_stickers%21

Original template

5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
I'm excited.
Just to clarify things: Anything goes? Or should it be Halloween themed?
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Anything goes! We'll have a bonus prize for Halloweeny stuff, but the main contest will cover anything entered, regardless of theme.
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Level: 760
Okay, I suck at this. But I like そば and I think there should be a Kao Coin of it. ;>

mu57032stvapaprkr4w8e2zn8.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Okay, this time I gave it my all. Still sucks though. I swear this will be my only two entries. This one is a -Kao.

o3s225qdrzu427qy8hhnv0s0w.jpg
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
I think they're lovely! You may feel differently, but I think the content is just as important as the style in which it's drawn!
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
Thanks. ;)
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
I always wonder how people can produce something so quickly. :o
I'm literally overflowing with ideas, every day something else pops up in my head. I have 20 sketches done but not a single finished piece. I wonder how many I can get done by the end of the month.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Okay, the first batch is ready. Will upload them later. I have finished 10 pictures and am still debating if I should leave it at that and keep the other (still unfinished) pics for the next contest. There's gonna be another one next year, right?
Also, I have removed the white background. I wonder if that's okay, as most pics have a somewhat translucent background, so they will look different in night/ day mode. @マイコー How do you do it? As far as I remember, you said you remove the template, but still your coins look "white" even in night mode.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
They are all with transparent backgrounds, and the site adds the white. However, I'd like to explicitly add white backgrounds where they belong so coins that are meant to be viewed in light of dark mode can be utilized.

we will have more contests, just not sure when. Need to drum up more interest in this one!
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
af4s0nw08ak0sxpusgre77vow.jpgPromise broken. Sorry. しめじのかお。What's up people. Send nu... err, kao!
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
It's finally this time of year again. So let's have a marvellously spoopy party.
Aww... you got lost. Don't worry, the scarecrow will show you the way. He may be a little tied up, though.
gy0wnp8xwkw6n7o7y7kqpcnx8.png While we're still outside, let't put up some pumpkin decoration.
ofe4khok7ow6w77mfypaixhyt.png Inside, use skull candles for the perfect spooky lighting.
xza38nnjbk7vfarkmpemsiayj.png The devilled eggs are already dancing on the table...
ayzs8b7vb47qpf7efkjtye7s4.png ...while the scaredy ghost is still practising her "boohoos" up in the attic.
bdgva4be0pzh5cyq2i76gxnov.png Batty Battington arrived early and is already hung up.
8qos4bt04gfa8yf4pngucphwy.png Kuroneko-chan has donned her best hat and makes a bewitching appearance.
8ewmct7uriyqthb4yqjcdh4a4.png Kumo-kun is probably hanging around somewhere, too.
xngewhna5vwqj8t3jqrjcpabc.png Mimizu-no-joou-sama is quite hooked and decided to drop in.
0o7rd6pvrangk2upr75347q5n.png Mukade-kun is creepy enough without any costume.
ug03axjj85caz8x6ynqu4t7ho.png And there he is at last! Our host for today: Count Dracula.
gswhg5e05y0uhk2ovzjkc6bnd.pngTakaonna-san peaks in from a higher perspective. b77vyeeyqnxhcsbb4sptqefjm.pngAnd Kyuubi-no-Kitsune-sama performs some magic tricks for everyones' entertainement. pbxnh3hrahci07dunec67c6n4.pngWanyuudo rolls in offering taxi service. But... is it really save? a2kiczn0gzy822to0x0n6yt63.pngIf you see fox fires on your way home, don't follow them! They will lead you astray. p5scrvckvzhiyw4iv7d4ef62x.png
5 years ago
Report Content
espiacent
I love all of them! :)
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Thank you.^^
I like your shimeji. They're cute.
5 years ago
Report Content
ロンダ
Level: 1685
I love the scarecrow.
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Unfortunately people seem to be reluctant to show off their drawing skills, even though the site has some very talented users.
Over the last 2,3 days I have finished 6 more pics and jotted down even more new sketches. I already added 2 pics to the halloween themed post above and I'll share the some more cuties with you here. So, let's get started...
I know we already have a panda, but I couldn't resist. They're just too cute^^
mnzcgwsgpigknyssvxiv66dyw.png And from him came the idea for his brother the Kuma-kun.
bm6wz6zpytjhckawk8m3peytj.pngA customer brought koala shaped chocolates from her trip to the Solomon Islands. They were so cute I just had to make it into a coin.
2d0jm05xihwfmr5ondcnkwmw4.png Koinu-kun just loves frolicking in the meadows.
ij2qkwexeprsnmazbsp6uuodj.png And Itachi are so jolly I couldn't miss out on them.
vpfa0m7zszyz8p5ft8pkmepo7.png Maybe the rain brought by the typhoon inspired me to draw Kao-chan and Totoro at the bus stop.
usrj0gi3kz5zg7qzh8qdfia8h.png
5 years ago
Report Content
Nicolas2
Level: 31
Kuroneko-chan hMukade-kun is creepy enough without any costume.
ug03axjj85caz8x6ynqu4t7ho.png. He's not creepy at all, it looks really nice!
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
lol. Thanks. I know. Real ones are creepy, but this guy is just cute. I love him.
5 years ago
Report Content
すねだ
Level: 1394
I thought I'll throw in my own two cents as well. I think I drew some that already exist so sorry for those.
t4j87x2nq4jocexnogod5i44r.pngかお 7vyfdvmyywqxpfyn6txf5hbmr.pngかお jvzrn8txkcyzinbg38ur3vr0z.pngうさぎかお gmmce3yb5s3amiocoxa0by00o.pngかおoc0e5eookgs4eqe3eo6xkuzqi.pngかお aysfu4hkoc2oyn2mgquhzmciz.pngこうもりかお ocinon5fxgentgscpot7z7kky.pngかおvxkn7quipd5tb3i2t24pb3rkj.pngロリータかおjbjm6siuvhvo47athqetkrq4z.pngピエロかおvk02kj663szkj8ehggfve8kb3.pngかおちゃんのふりをするkem63eiydqyrm38ruoyj4ngv4.pngてんぐかおzke22swcnuqcpfy3njur5h64m.pngたぬきかおy6i8i6f7i7tdm6dggemqdv5do.pngふたくちかおnih62toso445grjmism0tb0s6.pngかおfbknkwhb8d2b656us5ubbdkdu.pngかお
5 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Wow. That's a lot of pictures. I love them all.
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 1 of 3

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana