Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums -

This topic is tied to the below grammar expression in the grammar library.
それで 
1. Because of A, B
        して  それで               
I got sick summer of last year, because of that, I quit my part time job.
2. A. Well/so... B
Used in conversation to prompt the speaker for more information, or to continue what they are saying.
         それで     調     ありました   
Your head hurts, I see. So, were there changes to any other part of your condition?
Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

htatsuha
Level: 1147
It looks like this page is missing a usage, which appears in one of the sentences used to quiz this grammar: 「さん、だったって。」「れで、?」. れで is translated in this sentence as "well", not "because". One of my grammar books has a note describing this usage as the listener prompting the speaker for more information. Also, the second example sentence on this page has an incorrect translation; it isn't the speaker's head that hurts, it's the person being asked about in the second part of the sentence.
5 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262
Fixed the English, added the usage, and removed that question from the quizzing. Thanks!
5 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese > Grammar Library Talk

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana