Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Sentences a SRS terms?

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

|マルコ|
Level: 110
Just encountered this
zn5utixmg2mtpd5aoercbz0t8.png
I've searched it on jisho and it isn't there, also is marked as "phrase" and not "expression", so that got me wondering what is a "phrase" doing in the Vocab SRS...
no idea how it ended up there, so I'm reporting it here in case this was a mistake
4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1258
There are actually a lot of vocab items that are "phrases". I think a good number come in from textbooks that teach some set phrases, but some are part of the JLPT vocab.

sample of phrases I encountered in the renshuu dictionary:
いいですね
どうぞよろしく [JLPT N4]
しくおさい
しくおいします
いってらっしゃい [JLPT N4]
うございます
いいえ、もうです
ありません

Generally, I don't mind having them appear as vocab. Having set phrases is not unusual to have for any language, and it is generally useful to learn them due to their widespread use by native speakers. On some level, it is not unusual for some phrases in some languages being thought of as their very own kind of word/vocab because some are indeed only used to always ever mean one specific thing and are used in a limited amount of predefined situations.

An English example for set phrases would be something like "Bless you!" as response to someone sneezing. Just learning "bless" and "you" is different from learning the complete phrase "Bless you!" as its own kind of word [even though it is two words, it is always used as if it is one].

What nevertheless could be cleared up would be the difference between "phrase" and "expression". I just now realized that we have both on renshuu and now I am doubting if I actually understood your issue or was writing all of the above about something you are not even disagreeing on... :/ [still keeping it for the sake of having it written out already and it maybe still fitting your point, potentially]
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 260
vocabulary does not have to be restricted to a specific number of words. It includes grammar elements as well if you look around. Removing something like the first given example would be unideal as it would prevent that entirely from being a studyable element on the site.
Although this is not exactly the same, it seems like a good place to mention this suggestion by another user: https://www.renshuu.org/forums...
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana