Level: 261

How about now?

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy
Level: 182

On the grammar page for ~のなかで~がいちばん~ "Out of the group A, B is the most C":

the particle で isn't visible in either the title or the construction, and

consequently, the title is a general use のなか without other construction options like から/を/に (but I don't think these pages exist in a pairing with のなか)

---

edit since I think I made myself unclear at the end: the missing で is what I want to point out, it just has other side effects while missing

2 years ago
Report Content

How about now?

Better.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy
The grammar point きわまる can be merged into きわみ/きわまりない, according to

Handbook page 106 for both of these:

--under きわまりない: "Also takes the form きわまる, which has the same meaning, but this form can only be combined with な-adjectives"

--under きわまる: "→【きわまりない】" (no content other than the reference)

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

Challenges update.

<…>

Log:

2022-03-27 Sun: 10 challenges. This was the first time that I ever had more than 3 challenges (disclaimer: maybe I've seen a stack of 6 and didn't notice?).

2022-03-28 Mon: 3 challenges (normal)

2022-03-29 Tue: ??? This was a break day.

2022-03-30 Wed: 6 challenges and my Kao-chan stats say "You've studied 30% of the last 30 days."

2022-03-31 Thu: 3 challenges (normal)

2022-04-01 Fri: 3 challenges (normal)

2022-04-02 Sat: 4 challenges and "You've studied 20% of the last 30 days."

dcf833734d96e20587f57a745ac1aaa8c0f6be605d88a900.png
2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

On the grammar page for relative clauses:

In the title "Relative clauses / ", the trailing "/" suggests that there may be a missing Japanese term for "relative clauses"

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

The grammar page for AのB appears to be a duplicate of sense 1 of the more comprehensive grammar page for の.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

In the grammar library,

there's a grammar point あつきには that probably shouldn't exist (unless it's a real grammar point?) or probably needs its changed to a in a few spots.

I think it's present but invisible on the grammar library index since CTRL-F きには gives 2 results and only あつきには is visible. The only reason I know of あつきには is because it's in my list from copying from the index. edit: looks like I may've grabbed it on my second pass through the sorted material in N1 since it's visible there too:

515c1413bd0c61c0a3401d44f429be11b8064edcd6256687.png

つきには is the only result in the Japanese Index when searching for きには in grammar. When that result is clicked, it brings up あつきには. Searching for the full term あつきには will return the same あつきには result.

つきには shows up in JLPT N1 / Advanced > Clauses and the link there links to the grammar page for あかつきには.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

On the grammar page for ことのないように:

Both examples use ~こと~ while the construction only has ~こと~.

I'm a bit tired now so I may be overlooking something.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Adjusted the usage pattern for ことのないように.

Fixed あきつき to あかつき.

AのB is separated out on purpose, although I may merge it in the future.

The extra slash after Relative Clauses (it does not have any Japanese text) will disappear on the next update.

I added one more piece of code to hopefully fix the challenge issue. It will not go up until tomorrow, though.

I'll merge きわまる and きわまり soon!

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

On the grammar page for ~のなかで~がいちばん~ "Out of the group A, B is the most C":

the particle で isn't visible in either the title or the construction, and

consequently, the title is a general use のなか without other construction options like から/を/に (but I don't think these pages exist in a pairing with のなか)

---

edit since I think I made myself unclear at the end: the missing で is what I want to point out, it just has other side effects while missing

Also on this grammar point, the first example uses のトップ, but maybe it's still okay to be on the same page as ~ので~~? It looks like it's trying to demonstrate that ~ can be swapped out with positions of excellence like "champion" or however you'd generally say this (I'm feeling sluggish, sorry for the poor wording).

There's no note on swappability or expectation for what goes in place of ~, so I just want to point the example out in addition to the missing で in construction.

2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry for the late response - I cleaned up the grammar constructions as well as the example sentence.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

Inside the full schedule settings page for my vocab schedule on Firefox and my phone's app:

the ?'s in this picture don't display info when hovered or clicked:

efde33259d86c00256267c785d3ac6e2f42a738819a96518.png

These are working and don't require attention:

Their equivalents inside the simplified settings popups on the dashboard and the schedule page.

The other question marks inside kanji/grammar/sentences schedules.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

It looks like I may have add/remove access to things that aren't mine, so others may have the same access.

If I somehow own lesson copies of "newspaper" and "みんなの I", then this is okay:

2c1e16058063271dbf12774ba5597647563db54257346aee.png

---

Here's my current "me" tab in the lesson center with "Only show lessons I've made" enabled:

a4c5c3fa72e32aed9a21b16c1689caa93f22e54f55d66e69.png
2 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The ? issue has been resolved, thanks!

You do *own* copies of those. I made a change in the way that lessons are structured some time back, and based on your user id, you most likely had some lessons saved/studied that were in the "old" system. These lessons still work, but new ones (saved/studied by any user after that point at which the system switched) will not appear in that way.

There is no security issues, it's just that *before*, it would make copies of lessons for everyone, while *now* it references the original copy.

I cleaned up most of these in a previous data update, but there were a number that I did not automatically switch over to the new system because I did not want to risk data loss.

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

Understood, thank you for the explanation!

2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

On the grammar page for といい~といい:

~ received にょろ as furigana

b59e4575f166d1f18da9ef30710cf9d935b27c4b2d064722.png
2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

On the grammar page for のこと, in the construction section's example:

にほん is in English as "dogs"

0ab3fe91b27b95833cee85b4afbc063bb4799b888336a99e.png
2 years ago
Report Content
stupidguy

While writing a post for the Grammar Library Talk forum via a grammar page (e.g. writing the comment from https://www.renshuu.org/grammar/359/べからず which posts to https://www.renshuu.org/forums/topics/9404/べからず):

The "Preview post" button acts as if it's the "Submit post" button. When clicked, the user will still have their text available in the edit box even though a post has been made and an experience popup appears.

---

Possibly significant for this:

I haven't tested from directly within the forum.

I haven't paid attention to whether or not it happens when the topic already exists on the forum. edit: If the topic exists, this doesn't happen.

2 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 43 of 70

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana