Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - What does たかおんな mean?

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Snowflake
Level: 569
I recently earned a Kao Coin entitled たかおんな, but am unsure of what it means. The illustration, while adorable, didn't help me suss out a meaning. I copied and pasted the word into our Renshuu dictionary, but got no returns. To be safe, I pasted it into all four categories (Words, Kanji, Grammar, Sentences). I also pasted it into Jisho and Google Translate.
I switched the kana to kanji (), which gave me a hint that perhaps it has something to do with a "tall woman". Renshuu found nothing, Jisho examined , but left out the . And Google gave me a "high woman", which while amusing, is probably not what we're looking for.
I'm at a loss. What does it mean? Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide!
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

@Karlla - this is the creator of that coin, so let's ask them!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892
4 years ago
Report Content
Snowflake
Level: 569
Thank you ever so much! That was fascinating! I love how I learn so much from this site, even the parts that aren't technically "lessons". I have bookmarked the wiki article so I can continue to refer back to it.
Side note: do you think the 2016 incident (where the teen damaged the takaonna statue) could have been sparked by the Yo-kai Watch games? I wonder why he focused primarily on the takaonna.
In any event, thank you again!
4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana