Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [ANDROID] Visual issues

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Page: 3 of 6

htatsuha
Level: 1147

The navbar scrolling is fixed, but I'm still getting two of them after updating the app.
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Please try this for me.

1. Touch and hold the app icon, then click app info. In there, you should find an option to clear the app data and cache. Please try that.

2. If that doesn't work, please tell me which version of Android you are running

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The beta version of renshuu is now active, and it should act better with the android app. The app should kick you over directly to the beta, but check the beta menu to be sure.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Only one navbar since the beta started, so I think it's fixed.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha
37mem040x3s34dhcty4gbvdxu.png

Long schedule names not truncating in the dropdown menu, also, despite having language set to Japanese, the menu is all in English, unlike the browser version.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I have not yet gotten localization tied into the app - it's not too hard to do, just haven't gotten it done.

Will look at the truncating issue!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The crashing issue that a lot of people are having and the truncating stuff should be fixed soon.

That being said, there isn't a lot of space for the schedule names. I couldn't figure out how to make the buttons smaller :(.

I could adjust it so if the name is too long, the buttons drop down to the next row, but the would make a tall menu even taller..

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I think it would be fine to just put an ellipse after a certain number of characters in the schedule title name, like how it displays on the browser version.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

The problem button overlaps the dictionary icon in quizzes.
2zaegg3cnzhgutrgibbncnixe.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I moved the buttons over a bit. Unfortunately, updates to the app are muuch slower than updates to the website, so I'll be pushing this up either today or tomorrow.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Buttons still overlapping.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry, haven't uploaded it yet! I want to knock out your upload image issue first.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Uploaded new version - the buttons are moved, and the language settings should be reflected as well. Expect a download from the play store within 6-8 hours.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Buttons are fixed, but my menu is still in English. Also, some of the longer schedule names still overflow their area:

37c3as8re4op4pyeozz5gksgi.png
4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Found a more graceful way to make it truncate. Also removed a good chunk of the left padding for the schedules. Will go up next update.

Also, I noticed myself that the language doesn't always stick. Did you get ANY japanese, or was it none from the get go?

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Long schedule names look good now.

I haven't seen any Japanese at all in the dropdown menu for quite some time, though this wasn't always the case, as I still have some screenshots from testing previous versions of the app which do show Japanese there. This problem seems to be specific to the menu, as the dictionary and inbox on the navbar both show Japanese.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, the previous versions had Japanese in it because the app was using the navigation from the website itself. In the new version, it doesn't load the website's navigation, and instead generates a nav bar inside of the app, if that makes sense. It's the first step in the long journey of getting the app to have some functionality even without an internet connection.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

Just realized it's not just the dropdown menu, the in-quiz buttons that appear on the navbar show English too (end quiz and problem buttons).

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

What version do you have loaded? It appears at the bottom of the nav menu. Current one ends in 0609 (the date). Should be up on the play store.

4 years ago
Report Content
htatsuha

I'm using that version, I've been making sure the app is up to date every morning before I start to study.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Page: 3 of 6

Top > renshuu.org > Android renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana