Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - How does the lightbulb work?

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Noneuclidery
Level: 95

Basically as the title says, but if you want background why I'm asking:

When I attempt grammar questions, or look through the dictionary, I'm constantly finding vocab that are marked as "I know this" even if they're not in any of my schedules. They're generally low-level vocab, as far as I can see, but I'm constantly finding more terms marked that shouldn't be, which leads me to believe I don't understand what it's supposed to be doing.

My guess would be that "I know this" should be anything that has appeared as a term when I "study new terms", or anything I've manually marked, but that doesn't seem to be what's happening.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

Can you give a few examples of ones that you find oddly marked?

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

Some examples:

からいです

But there are so many:

8dek5dabcnra2tsdyepyqwy2f.png

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Do you have any textbooks marked as Known if you go to Vocabulary > Vocab. level before joining renshuu? > Customize (under Settings)? My guess is there are slipping in there. is definitely doing that. Let me know!

4 years ago
Report Content
Noneuclidery

Ah, I see. Actually yeah. When I joined a few months ago, even though I selected the lowest level of prior experience, it marked some things as already learned, including a textbook. (There's a thread a couple of months ago where I talk about it.) At the time, I changed those settings down to zero with no textbooks learned, but I guess that didn't unmark known terms.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I should probably think about having starters as literally having nothing - it's probably a safer bet then assuming knowledge despite choices suggesting otherwise. I'll think on it!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Questions about renshuu

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana