Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - [ANDROID] Downloads seemingly not functional

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

キーちゃん
Level: 56

On a Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) running rooted LineageOS 15.1, Android 8.1.0. Manually gave Renshuu the storage permissions.

I've tried the following downloads with these results:

FunctionResult
CrosswordsSits on Making..., never downloads.
HankoAll sizing options create a notification about permissions, does not actually open permission page nor the permission dialog. Furthermore, even after granting the permission, the same behavior occurs.
WorksheetsStarts Making, immediately stops, no download initiated.

I have poked around lightly on the filesystem, and as far as I can tell, there have been no downloads. I have noticed spikes in network traffic after hitting some download buttons, but since what I'm seeing is just some numbers displayed in my notification bar, I don't know for sure that these are exactly correlated or not. I might be able to do some packet sniffing when I get back on my home network, but for now this is all I've got.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 262

I'll spin up a vm and see what I can get. I haven't touched that code in awhile, so it is possible I threw something out of whack and never got back to checking it.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Well, "good" news, I can replicate it on my device. I believe it happened when I swapped out certain libraries awhile back, and neglected to make sure this functionality wasn't affected. Basically, it is checking for the permission, thinking it is not there (every time), and then prompting. Since it never realizes the permission exists, it never proceeds to the download.

Will let you know when I have a patched version up on the play store!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Just sent a release to the play store - it usually becomes available for download within 24 hours. It was indeed an error in which the permissions that did exist were not properly recognized.

Once you get the update, let me know if you can confirm that it works for you!

Somewhat unrelated problem - Android does not seem to like downloads with UTF-8 in the filename (Japanese). I have no doubt that it's an issue with in the site, just not sure yet how to fix it.

4 years ago
Report Content
キーちゃん
Level: 56

Just sent a release to the play store - it usually becomes available for download within 24 hours. It was indeed an error in which the permissions that did exist were not properly recognized.

Once you get the update, let me know if you can confirm that it works for you!

Somewhat unrelated problem - Android does not seem to like downloads with UTF-8 in the filename (Japanese). I have no doubt that it's an issue with in the site, just not sure yet how to fix it.

I'll keep an eye out for it! Thanks for the quick fix 😊

I can't remember having an issue with UTF8 file names before. I downloaded the essay paper through Firefox just fine. Regardless, if I run into any issues I'll be sure to let you know!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The names work fine for me in desktop browsers, but both the app as well as Chrome (Android) flub the kanji.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana