Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Audio Lapsing During Quizzes

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

AdroitDroid
Level: 199

Perhaps I've set something up incorrectly, but lately, the listening questions will randomly stop working during the middle of a quiz. The audio typically stops if I leave the browser tab for a second, but I've also had it happen when I've been dutifully going through my reviews sans my bad multitasking habits. I've tried turning the autoplay off, and even pushing the "Listen to question" button, but it doesn't do much.

To fix this, I usually have to restart the quiz on a new tab, or worst-case scenario, a different browser. I've run into this problem on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad so far. It also happens specifically with Safari, Chrome, and Ecosia (yay, trees).

Since it seems to be happening more and more even without me tab jumping, I was curious if it's something else I'm doing on my end. Thanks in advance for any help!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

Sorry for the issue. I did add something to try and help speed up the audio loading, so it might be tied to that. I'll try disabling that and let you know so you can tell me if you notice a difference.

Will get back to you soon!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I have temporarily disabled the adjustment I made a week or so ago. If you can, please give it a few days and let me know if you've seen a change in behavior!

4 years ago
Report Content
AdroitDroid

Thanks, I’ll be sure to give it a try over the next couple of days and let you know.

4 years ago
Report Content
AdroitDroid

Just an update: I haven't had any problems with the audio as of late. Thanks for fixing it!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks for the reply. The fix was a removal of a useful improvement, so with this info, I'm going to look into what might be causing it. I'm going to leave this open in case the bug returns.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems > Resolved Bugs

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana