Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Looking for volunteers to help translate Grammar Library entries

Top > 他言語 / Other languages > Deutsch / ドイツ語

マイコー
Level: 256

Hello!

While renshuu has an amazing German UI and over 150,000 German translations for vocabulary, the grammar entries are still locked to English only. There's currently about 900 entries in the Grammar Library (of which about half are available for studying).

The majority of entries have only two lines of text describing them. A small number have additional notes, which will be outside the scope of this project (for now). The construction tables are currently in English only, but I'll be expanding them to Jpn/German once this part of the translation progresses.

I am looking for volunteers to help with this! It's a very simple process.

https://docs.google.com/spread...

Anyone interested will receive edit permissions on the above document. Then, it just needs to be filled in!

Guidelines for translation

Most of the English utilizes [A]. [B], [C] markers. These must be present in the translations. The represent the nouns/verbs/etc that make up the grammar.

You can see how the A and B link up with the construction pattern below. So, they need to be included.

If you have any questions, or would like you help out, please mention it here AND send me a private msg with the email address you'd like me to send edit permissions to.

Thanks!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Great, it's happening already. I'm in!

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Rows 202 - 205 belong to the same entry? There's code in there and some English in the Japanese column and a link where it shouldn't be.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Removed the excess stuff

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar
Level: 1242

Would be interested in helping out - will send you my google acount name/address so you can add me :) @マイコー

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Done!

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar

While starting from the bottom I ended up wondering if there is or should be a certain way to denote a comma that is part of the phrase vs. a comma that functions as a separator between two variants of that phrase?

For example, we have:

"To end up doing [A], get stuck doing [A]" - where it is clear that these are two different ways to express the corresponding Japanese grammar point in English

"When it comes to [A], [B]" - where it is clear that this is one way to express this, using a comma as part of the translated phrase

"[A], right?, [A], isn't it?" - Still kind of clear, but now we have 3 commas, of which 1 functions as separator

This gets interesting in cases where the German translation would end up having more or less commas, example:

"When it comes to [A], if it turns out that [A]" -> "Wenn es um [A] geht, Wenn sich herrausstellt, dass [A]"

So, is this okay this way or should there rather be a consistent way to separate multiple translation/phrases for the same grammar point beyond using commas? (for example using a semicolon instead)?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I use a semicolon as divider.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Alright, let's stop on the file for juuuust a little bit so I can fix those. I agree, semicolon would be best.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Should be updated! I also added a field for difficult level which you can use if you want to filter by jlpt level (formatting the data now)

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Lines 77, 78 don't match with the detailed description (English), I think.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

You might have it ordered differently from my view - what data exactly are you looking at?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

didn't consider that.

qr6fawu8t8vuwc0n2brm3xw56.jpg

Can we use the chat function within the doc for such things? Or is that not available to everyone?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's available to all of us in there! And I fixed the issue.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Good news - I will be able to add the first set of finished German meanings to the site tomorrow and have them visible! Anything with a memo on it in the excel file will be uploaded, but I'll be making period updates as we fill in more data.

Also, I've decided for the next beta (June, maybe?) that I'm going to take all the translation efforts (vocab, kanji, grammar, and soon, example sentences) and make a more central location to summarize everything. It'll have leader boards for translators, adventure points for translations into non-English languages, and a wanted board of the most used terms/sentences so we can focus on what will benefit people the most.

4 years ago
Report Content
SirEdgar

Not sure if they are supposed to match up, but I noticed today that some "Meaning ID-#" are not matching the # in the URL to the grammar point.

For example, Meaning ID 527 (かたがた) has a URL that goes to ID 454. Are these numbers supposed to match up?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Nope!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The first batch of roughly 300 grammar translations have been put into the site! Take a look :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The latest version of this has been added to the site!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > 他言語 / Other languages > Deutsch / ドイツ語

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana