Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - Intensive mode, or quizzing a few words more than once per round

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

DianaVS
Level: 20

Hey,

Sometimes I keep confusing 3 to 4 grammar points or words, and I would like to quiz them repeatedly until I get it. But if they are part of a larger schedule, I only get them from time to time.

I believe it could be useful to have a way to put these in an "intensive" lesson, that then produces a quiz that has a customizable number of questions, for example: 4 grammar points and 20 questions (with different sentences for each point).

The reason for doing it like this instead of just repeating a lesson with the same 4 items over and over would be to not "discard" mentally the words that already appeared at the beginning of the quiz, since normally each term is only quizzed once.

Thanks! :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

How would you imagine the selection process to be if you were building a "lesson" like this?

4 years ago
Report Content
DianaVS
Level: 20

Just creating a lesson the usual way in the Study Center and then manually choosing terms, for example, through a search box or through the dictionary and the + icon. It could even suggest terms to add from our own "most missed terms" list. The way I imagine I would use it, it would not be too cumbersome for the user to do this manually, because the idea would be to just add 4-5 terms each time, to really focus on that.

Marking it as "intensive lesson" would add additional configuration options, like the total number of questions or a reminder at the beginning of the quiz of the meaning/use of the chosen terms.

Another possiblity would be adding an option during regular quizzing in the term result window, something like "add this term/grammar point to the Intensive lesson".

Once the user feels like they have mastered the chosen terms, they would remove them from the "intensive lesson" and then add new ones.

Personally, I would use this functionality the most with grammar points, but I can also see it working well with vocab lessons as kanji/kana > meaning, with sentence quizzing activated (it would need different sentences each time the term appears, though).

Let me know if I didn't explain it well! I understand it is a lot to ask!

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー
Level: 261

No, it makes sense! I'm going to be pretty busy this month with the app release, but I will try and consider this when I get a chance!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana