Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - June 2020 Beta - General News!

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

マイコー
Level: 261

Welcome to the next beta! This will not be too in-depth as it will parallel the beta release of the Android app as well, and that's going to suck up a lot of my time.

Following are the main areas of this beta. A discussion thread for each area will be established now or relatively soon.

Visual Refresh

1. Quizzing area - adopting the general style/color theme developed recently in the "new terms" page. Less grey, more colors!

2. Schedules on the dashboard

Adventure mode updates

1. Adjustments to xp resistance rate

2. Options for harder mode

3. Tie XP rate into how many days you studied out of the last week

4. Way to preview evolutionary changes

5. Way to reset evolutionary changes

6. モンスター バトル!!!!

7. Adventure mode personalizing against user weakness

Mobile-centric updates

1. Quizzing area will be shifted down to bottom of phone to make for easier one-handed studying.

Translation center

1. Allowing for non-English translations of sentences

2. Show leader boards and "wanted" lists of translations for different materials.

Sentence study modes

1. New study modes for sentence lists!

4 years ago
Report Content

I loved the new colors of the quizzing area, they are great! Thanks! (*^*)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It's only taken Kao-chan's artist telling me for the last two years that parts of renshuu look 10-years-old before I got around to it!

4 years ago
Report Content
AdroitDroid
Level: 199

I was very surprised when I went to study this morning — the visuals are a nice touch. I was pretty excited about the rounded corners and the splash of color. Thanks for all of the updates, and I can’t wait to go through the rest.

4 years ago
Report Content
jscraftsman
Level: 234

How do I access the モンスター バトル ? Or it is not yet added?

6. モンスター バトル!!!!

4 years ago
Report Content
mjcg91
Level: 892

I love the new quiz theme, but I have to admit I have a much harder time to read it. It might be because the background is slightly lighter. (I use Night mode)

It would be nice if there was a way to adjust it.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Monster battles are not yet available.

mjcg91 - let me work on the dark colors a bit, I'm sure I can get it right.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Quiz bg on dark should be better!

4 years ago
Report Content
sand_eto
Level: 199

The colour for the 4 possible selections in the quizzes is great but the first 2: purple and orange are not dark enough and it is hard to see whether they have been actually selected.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Thanks - are you referring to day or night mode? When you mean selected, you're referring to the background of the box that changes when your mouse/etc is over it, right?

Edit: I'm guessing you are using light mode. I just adjusted them somewhat, take a look!

4 years ago
Report Content
gillianfaith
Level: 875

I like the new colour scheme, and after testing on my e-reader the new colours are still distinct in greyscale 👍

My only suggestion for the visuals in quizzes is to either reverse the BG colours of the answers (have them start coloured in & turn white when answered) or give that whole block it's own distinct BG colour. In the previous design the eye flowed naturally from the question (the area of greatest contrast, black on white) to the answer block (a distinct group of elements on a lower-conrast BG), but when everything has a white background the question no longer draws the eye automatically.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Sorry! I did read your comment when you first put it up, just didn't reply back.

I'll keep the comments in mind - I am not making any adjustments to the colors at the moment, but this is more because I don't have time, and not because I think they're ideal. I tend to shift gears and work on different areas so I do not burn out on a single thing, but this is definitely not the end of the color adjustments.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

@gillianfaith - I made some small adjustments to the colored buttons - they retain 50% of the color when they not active, and grow into the full color background when active. I also darkened a couple of the background colors to try and get them to roughly the same "strength" as the other ones.

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Feature Requests/Improvements > Finished/Rejected Requests

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana