Vocabulary dictionary

Kanji dictionary

Grammar dictionary

Sentence lookup

test

Forums - New fonts for renshuu pro users!

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

マイコー
Level: 262

Currently under testing in beta (you can join from the Help menu), we've tentatively chosen two new fonts for renshuu pro users.

If you're in the beta, you can immediately activate the new font in the settings panel.

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla
Level: 892

Where exactly does the font show up? I changed to Hiragino, but what I see looks nothing like in your screenshot. It kinda looks like some default font instead.

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

It should appear everywhere, in the same way that the textbook font appeared everywhere. What browser/version are you on?

And which font did you use previously?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

I used textbook font previously. And as far as I remember, it was only used on my mobile (chrome), because my pc couldn't handle the font settings for some reason.
Now that I changed it to hiragino on mobile, it was automatically changed on pc (firefox) as well, but I don't see it on either device/browser. It looks like it defaulted to basic font?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

Although this obviously doesn't affect your mobile, what OS do you have on your pc?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Windows 7

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

The font service that I use officially retired support for Win 7, but that doesn't mean that they won't work, just that if bugs come out in the future, they will not fix them. Typically, though, since this lives entirely in the browser, it's the browser version, not the os. What versions are chrome/firefox that you are using?

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Sorry, I'm a computer blockhead. Where can I find that info?

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

No problem! See what this page tells you: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

4 years ago
Report Content
Karlla

Chrome 83 (Android). Firefox 77 (win7)

will check pc later.

4 years ago
Report Content
opgjoh
Level: 38

This is perhaps a bit of a strange request, but would it be possible to allow selection of multiple fonts? Then, if more than one font is selected, the site chooses randomly (either on each page reload, or once a day) which font to use.

The reasoning behind this is that I've noticed that I have problems parsing handwritten or particulary fancy fonts, so I'd really like to be forced to read kanji in all kind of styles. I'd like to set this once and forget :)

4 years ago
Report Content
マイコー

I'll think on it! However, if I decide to add it, it will not be in this beta round, which is hopefully coming to an end next week!

4 years ago
Report Content
Getting the posts

Top > renshuu.org > Announcements > Archived Announcements

Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:

Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana